“A good night's sleep”
Review of Ibis Plymouth

Ibis Plymouth
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Much more comfortable beds that previous trips to ibis hotels, however, the room had not been cleaned. There were a lot of crumbs around the bed and lots of hair in the bath. Staff were very friendly and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Ibis Plymouth. I am pleased that you found the bed comfortable but very concerened that your room was not clean to our usual high standard.I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me on 01752 601087 or H2093-GM@accor.com to let me have more information so that I can thoroughly investigate this lapse.
I hope to hear from you.
Margaret Garcia

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would also class this as a Motel not a Hotel, not that I'm complaining as the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, I had the family room as they had no rooms left and it was very large, great for a family and would recommend the room upgrade. The rooms are clean and basic however still nice all the same. Breakfast was good and tasty. Would recommend and have no problems coming back, found it better than the Jarvis hotel Plymouth due to better parking facilities.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is more of a motel than an hotel. It is located right beside a main road which makes it easily accessible for an overnight stopover en route. The downside of that is that the room was fairly noisy, though fortunately the sound level was not so bad with the doors and windows closed.
Being able to park one's car right by the room door is a distinct advantage.
The quality of the room was acceptable, but the bathroom had a minute bath (not a hip bath), only suitable for children; fortunately there was also a shower.
Food in the restaurant was tasteless, and another time I would probably drive into town for an evening meal.
On the positive side, without exception, all the staff I had contact with were very helpful indeed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank D
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our team helpful. I am disappointed that you found the road noise and the size of the bath to be a problem.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have just spent one night last weekend at the Ibis, visiting family in Plymouth. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when me and my family arrived, I have stayed in quite a few of the Accor hotels before, Novotel, Sofitel etc, but as I have two kids, we haven't been able to stay in an Ibis as generally the rooms only sleep up to 3 people.
This Ibis though has one family room, well actually I would say it should be classified more as a suite really as we had two bedrooms, 1 double & 1 twin and a large lounge area with two leather sofas!! ( didn't expect that, didn't ever get that in the Novotel...) even the bathroom had been recently altered and re tiled.

when you are booking a 2* hotel ( according to Trip Advisor) you go there with minimum expectations, but the room we had and the extremely helpful staff that greeted us and even made a restaurant reservation in Plymouth for us , far exceeded a 2* hotel.
The main reception area was very comfortable, with seating area, a nice modern bar area, and restaurant / breakfast room, all finished to a high standard, presentation of the inside and outside of the building, decked out in hanging baskets, and a nice decking area, was a real nice surprise.
As a Travel Agent, I generally make my mind up pretty quick upon arriving to a hotel whether im going to like it or not and yes I did like it.
I can see that the staff all seem to work well together and enjoy their little hotel, which comes across to the guests. so well done Ibis Plymouth and thanks for the great welcome.

Room Tip: Family room is on the Top floor and huge..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank waynerworld
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed our family room and that you found our staff helpful.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Location is good, not too far away from the city.
The road to the hotel is closed, so you have to come off the roundabout at the exit before and come back on yourself.

Typical ibis breakfast, full English or continental laid out buffet style.

The room was clean and tidy with a tv and tea/coffee facilities.

Each room has it's own front door on to the car park, rather than each room being in one massive building.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you again in the future.