“Fairly easy”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Plymouth

Ibis Plymouth
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Wasn't looking forward to staying here as I class the Ibis a go between a Travelodge & Premier Inn. Pleased to say that the staff were friendly/helpful, rooms clean & had everything that was needed. Breakfast was fine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Dawn A
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit despite your initial reservations. We hope to welcome you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The weather's been very hot lately, and this Ibis does not have adequate (any?) air conditioning, making sleeping difficult. Our room backed onto a noisy road, and the build of the hotel itself is cheap, meaning paper-thin walls. We have a newborn, and although he only cried for under ten seconds in the night, our neighbour's reaction of shouting and beating on the wall demonstrates the fact that privacy is at a minimum and that some people who stay in hotels need a kick in the bum.

I feel sorry for the staff at the hotel, who were all very helpful, for having to work at a poor site.

Room Tip: Book further in advance and stay elsewhere. At least make sure you stay at the front of the hotel, a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Ibis Plymouth is one of the tolder Ibis properties and does have physical limitations. Once again I am sorry that you were disappointed

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed here a good few times now on stopovers on my way to Cornwall. Albeit, not usually in the height of summer. My biggest complaint, the room was so unbearably hot. There is no artificial ventilation to speak of. The only ventilation is a window that opened wide into the room. Anyone in the night could have broken in and robbed us or worse. At the very least anyone could walk by and see me and my partner in a state of undress on the bed. So you have a choice to make - die of heat exhaustion or become exhibitionists that risk personal safety.
We took the chance... but we didn't want to - but we did. I found out everyone was complaining about this the next day - and was told at reception it was an exceptionally warm evening but that they had fans available if we had requested them (funny, when I was outside at 0300 - it was remarkably quite fresh!) I've read some other reviews on trip adviser and it says quite clearly the rooms are hot. On a warm July evening at 0300 - we should have been told to take a fan as it was very very warm, because the last thing we wanted to do was get undressed and redressed at 0300 to come and get a fan from reception. I know it is the Ibis brand which is a budget hotel, but i do expect a minimum standard of care from the Accor group.
We arrived at 3.00 am and was very tired. As a platinum member we were not shown any special hospitality. But after we left the next day I found a coupon for a free drink with my room key. Point it out next time Ibis!
In the room there was some dirt, a plastic seal from a carton of milk, some pubic hair in the bath (which wasn't mine) it daintily floated around the bath whilst I was paralysed with fear as this curly thick black hair came up and landed on my thigh - (beautiful)
I am moaning a lot here - I know. In fact, for the price we paid of £37 a room I shouldn't be expecting the Ritz. But, these are very small basic things when running a hotel that should be sorted. In fact, this hotel leaves a bad taste in my mouth when considering the Accor brand again, so if I were Accor I would spend a few grand on this place. I expect a budget hotel - but not a bad budget hotel.
BTW - I dont care so much about the pubic hair and milk carton seal in the room. I pay £37 - I know its not going to be anything special. But the heat was so unbearable. I got about 3 hours sleep between the sweating and the worry about the window being open. Ruined the next day for me. I should have been playing golf, not snoozing in the club house.
Hre is a free cost comparison for you (as I am a fan of Accor and would hate to part company) Small AC unit supplied and fitted £1299.00 per room. If you charge £3 extra per room per night - you will recoup your costs in around 2 years with all running and installation costs considered. After that it is just pure profit.
Maybe you will get money back quicker if people return year after year for a comfortable nights sleep. Heres an Idea, make the £3 optional - disable it if people are happy to exhibit themselves!

I go to Aruba on the 19th August. I was considering booking the Sofitel at Gatwick North - but after this stay, I think I will try the Premier Inn.

I am angry and said a lot of things that perhaps I don't mean.
Please visit this hotel - you can have pubes wash up in a posh hotel, and the maids always usually do a fantastic job across the board at Accor hotels and leaving a milk carton seal underneath a curtain, i wont lose sleep over.
But beware of the heat. Remember to ask for a fan and petition for AC to be installed on check in and check out.
I gave this 3/5 because of the heat issue. Other than that, it would be a 4/5. It is a budget hotel - and I always review based on this the expectations of the kind of hotel it is. Even a hostel could get 5/5 as long as it was an excellent hostel. Just because a place has facilities doesn't mean they are any good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your review both here and on our guest review site. I am sorry that you experienced such an uncomfortable night. I have discussed your suggestion with our maintenance engineer and will also discuss the options with our Area General Manager.
We hope to welcome you to Ibis plymouth again in the future.
Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in this budget hotel and had the best sleep in a hotel ever! The room was small but the pleasant surroundings (lots of pretty hanging baskets), bar open until midnight and ample buffet breakfast made up for the small room. The night porter/barman was helpful and a credit to the Ibis. As we sipped our midnight nightcap we saw him welcome latecomers and served them supper! That's good service! The Ibis advertises comfortable new mattresses and they really are comfortable! We will be staying there again!

Room Tip: Apart from the fabulous comfy bed this is not a luxurious hotel. However, as a base for seeing the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments to Kevin, our night receptionist.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.