“Ibis Plymouth”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Ibis Plymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Good hotel, location OK outside the city and on the main road. Comfortable and clean. Excellent breakfast. Courteous and helpful staff. Room [in the front] quiet despite being near road. Recommended for anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stay at Ibis a lot! I always look forward to my stay. It's not far from the plsces i like to visit & it is easy to catch up with people. I always feel relaxed & would recommend to friends if they wanted anywhere to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoy your stays at Ibis Plymouth and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Loughton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

first time we have stayed here,staff are really friendly and very helpful, rooms were nice and clean,car park right out side, we went with two friends who were put next door,one room from the end of car park,and above ground floor with dogs in ,which kept our friends awake barking.this hotel is basic but very good value for what you pay,breakfast was very good ,every thing nice and hot and good choice of food,we would stay again ,as you are central to darkmoor and plymouth , the only thing that was not good was the barking dogs ,

Room Tip: make sure no dogs in rooms near you
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay - with the exception of the barking dogs. We do ask guests with dogs not to leave them alone in the room and I am sorry that you were disturbed.
We hope to welcome you again in the future
Londres, Royaume-uni
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We found hair on the floor and the bathtube. The heater in bathroom smells cigarettes. Dust found on cabinet and in bathroom. This hotel is for overnight passerby as located just near to the A38. On a positive note the bed is comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not experience our usual high standards of cleanliness. I can't find a record of you having made us aware of the issues but would like to assure you that the situation you describe is not accpetable nor is it the norm. We do have a 15 minute guarantee and would ahve welcomed the opportunity to resolve matters for you during your stay.
I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Got A little lost on the way to finding this hotel, but when you do find it you realise that you are actually just located behind the main A38, so location wise its quite good.
We booked in with our two dogs and were given A ground floor room, all the rooms are chalet style and the one we had at the back faced on to the car park.
This was ideal as we had the dogs with us and our room door came out on to the path near the car park.
Really good design and no hotel corridors to walk down to find your room, the car park had A few trees at the end which was great as it gave the dogs somewhere to do what dogs have to do, shame there wasn't any dog bins that end of the car park.
Room was basically furnished with bed tv kettle etc and had A shower over the bath in quite A large bathroom.
Tried the buffet breakfast but don't really think it was worth the money.
Would stay again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are noiser as you get the traffic noise from the main A38 but the downstai...
Green Features: No dog bins and only one litter bin near the car park that always seemed to be full.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you found the hotel convenient for staying with your dogs.
Unfortunately, we have recently had cause to remove bins from the car park due to seagulls emptying them several times a day. We have two new bins near the staircase and are attempting to source seagull proof bins ofr other areas!
We hope to welcome you again in the future
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having found our way to the hotel by sat-nav we missed the entrance to your premecis as it was covered by a tree branch.

On arrival there was a scooter in the disabled bay so I left my car running while I went in to request it's removal. The woman at reception simply asked for my name and asking me to register before saying that our disabled space was in the lower block. My car was running and I had not brought my glasses in with me, however this did not seem to bother her. I asked where I was to go and was vaguely pointed to the lower parking space and duly went there only to find the disabled space was adjacent to quite a severe slope to access our room. The room as usual was as expected. We optioned to get a meal on a tray as my wife did not feel like the uphill walk to the restaurant. So I went and ordered at the bar and waited while I had a drink. The same lady was very off hand with me and when I ordered an additional portion of chips she appeared to be annoyed. I only ordered the extra chips as I had not seen the supplementary menu earlier and only realised this existed when another customer was ordering from it. Finally the tray arrived all nicely covered in tin foil so I couldn't see what was on the tray and I asked if I could get salt and pepper, vinegar and sauce. The same lady said I would find what I wanted on the tables. So I went to look and couldn't find any, I think it's fair to say that she could see for herself. I gave up and went with the tray to our room, very disappointing!

The next night we stayed in the Roscoff Ibis, what a difference. Outstanding service with smiles which I will give more detail on when I get your request for feedback.

We have used Ibis on several occaisions and one of the main reasons we come back is the wonderful service, what a shame Plymouth blotted your copybook.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am very sorry that you did not feel that you received our usual very high level of customer service during your visit. I will investigate the issues you raise.
Pershore, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Chosen primarily on cost/location grounds, but managed to punch above its weight, primarly due to excellent staff.

Yes.... it's an older property.

Yes.... there is no air conditioning, but at least when window is opened there is a security stay which would prevent any unauthorised entrance.

Cleanliness was good.

All staff members with whom we had contact gave the impression that they actually wanted to be there, which sadly is frequently not the case in many establisments, regardless of the price range.

Breakfast buffet was extremely good. All items being monitored & kept replenished without any need for request.

Plates were warm!!!!!!!

We will almost certainly retrun to this hotel in the future.

1 Thank walliro
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you again in the future.