Lowest prices for your stay
£59
Priceline
Destinia.com
£49
1,827 results
All reviews club room city centre good size bit dated per night twin room would stay again comfy bed one night stay sully university hoe
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2023

We stayed at the copthorne hotel in Plymouth for one night with friends for a football match at Plymouth argyle. The hotel is in a good location and the bus back from the match dropped us off outside the hotel. The room was very good and very clean breakfast was great good quality and good selection. I would recommend staying here for football fans only thing that spoiled it was we lost 3 - 0

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Raj Srinivasan, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2023

Dear Fraser,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Copthorne. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed your experience with us. Sorry about your team have lost the game but I need to appreciation to all fan follower's of Sheffield Wednesday travel so far.
I am delighted to read that you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals and that you appreciated the recommendations from the staff and our breakfast offerings. Thank you also for your compliments on the bedroom.
It was my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team this morning who were very happy to receive this feedback.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Copthorne in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2023 via mobile

The hotel provided everything we expected for a one night theatre stay. Food service was slow and had us thinking that we may need to leave before being served. We had explained when we would need to leave so it would help if the waiting staff knew how long it would take for the dishes to be prepared. The décor is very gloomy. Unrelieved grey with low level lighting is not a great look. Either turn on more lights or add some colour. More prominent signage opposite the lift doors would have helped me. I could never tell whether I had arrived at the floor I had called for

Room tip: The front door is the worst one to arrive at. The tiny car park there was full of vehicles that never moved. The roof car park of Sainsbury's next door is a better option
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Raj Srinivasan, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2023

Dear Roburite,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

We are very sorry to learn of the service issues encountered during your recent visit to the property. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible service at all times and we regret that expectations were not met on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
The restaurant was designed by David Hutton yes we can add more lights and the signage on the lift it on the process of a project to replace the digital panel.
Please be assured your feedback is very important to us and your comments will be forwarded to the relevant teams for their review and consideration. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and Make It Right.

Reviewed 13 October 2023 via mobile

My stay was ok but the rooms are so dated I felt like I was back in the 1990’s. The room was clean but it’s just so drab. I didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on the food. Parking was easy and cheap. Staff were pleasant. Good central location.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear TrollyDolly185,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed a review after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback but we are very disappointed to see from your scoring and comments that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have liked.
I have noted your comments on certain aspects of our current decor being dated and bland. We are very aware of these shortcomings and as you noticed, we are in process of refurbishing and replacing furnishings in many areas of the property. I have no doubt that this, together with refreshed operating standards will significantly improve our guest experiences as we complete these initiatives.

I hope that you will consider returning to stay with us again in the future when we can better meet your expectations.

Reviewed 12 October 2023

A real home from home experience, the room was perfect and a very comfortable bed. Great wi-fi signal and really liked the online check in and check out. The food was of a high quality and the staff were friendly and attentive. The hotel is perfectly placed for the railway station and if you need anything there is a large Sainsburys next door.

Room tip: Join the club for a 10% discount
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Raj Srinivasan, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2023

Dear 107alistairp,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback .I am glad that you found the hotel's location is perfect for you.
. I know future visitors to the hotel will find your comments most useful, and we were delighted to learn that yet again everything exceeded your expectations and you had a most memorable experience.

Customer service is at the very heart of everything we do at our hotel. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Copthorne on many future occasions.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2023

I had amazing stay here highly recommended to everyone staff member was amazing Ana 👏 all staff are so caring and kind and helpful too highly recommended amazing food and prices and amazing hotel rooms

Room tip: Amazing
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear ChrisbZ1734XM,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals. It is great to know they contributed in making this a special experience for you. I have shared your review with all of the team who were delighted to receive it

I am extremely glad to read that you felt safe at all times during your stay and were able to enjoy an experience with us at the hotel.

Thank you again for your kind words and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Copthorne in the near future.