“Lovely little oasis of calm in a city”
Review of Ford Park Cemetery

Ford Park Cemetery
Ranked #59 of 177 things to do in Plymouth
Reviewed 27 August 2012

At the end of the day it is just a cemetery, but it's how you present it that affects people the most. I visit to be calm.

10  Thank helou903

Reviewed 14 August 2012

A non-commercial Trust run Victorian cemetery with a growing following. Very different from the municipal crematoria/cemeteries. Nothing flash or institutional. A lot of voluntary charitable contributions and grants have begun to turn this place into a relaxed easy going environment for funerals and burials. We were surprised when we came here on a spring day for the adding of a friends ashes to the grave plot of her grandfather. We have also been to a lovely service/concert in the newly restored chapel. We are told that there are a vast number of available unused plots. We have walked through the vast area of formal, informal, quasi rural areas. As I reflect on the problems with the greeness or not of cremation I think than this wonderful old city/rural cemetery may be just the place to end up. Morbid thoughts aside I should also stay that the staff here are very friendly and the long daytime walks withor without the dogs are a great way to pass time and wind down..

12  Thank Cr0wM
Reviewed 7 August 2012

steeped in history - organises walks around the graveyard!
go into central park afterwards for a walk and enjoy the views over Plymouth

9  Thank plymouthian1
Reviewed 6 August 2012

don't worry yourself too much cos if your going there like as not your dead so state of place won't worry you. lie back and enjoy think of heaven and alls well with the world.

5  Thank Berniebrin
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This Cemetery is much larger than it looks from the outside and does have fairly good parking for visitors, during the summer months all the green areas are left uncut until about July to provide a good natural environment for all the birds bees and insects etc. I think this is an excellent idea but found it a problem recently when trying to find some old family graves as I came away with a lot of pollen stains on my clothing which had occured when trying to find my way among the uncut areas. There is a very nice little tea room on site selling lovely cakes and drinks and the people running it on the day I was there were extreemly friendly it is an ideal place for getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.For disabled people it is good access to the chapel and tea room plus there are disabled toilet facilities.

14  Thank Sonia B