“Great little hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bowling Green, Plymouth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
The Bowling Green, Plymouth
Ranked #36 of 83 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Dorking
“Great little hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

We chose this hotel because of the various good reviews and I am pleased to say we were not disappointed. A friendly welcome, clean rooms/linen/towels and with Tom the owner on hand to help out in any way he could and with attentive staff at breakfast. Excellent location for coast /University or city centre. Brilliant breakfast and very reasonable rates. |Would definitely recommend this place to those who want a bit of the traditional service rather than your large hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bridgwater, Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

I found Tom and his staff to be the perfect hosts. There attention to detail is second to none. The hotel is spotless and clean. Breakfast was amazing with choices of starters and mains all of which was included in the price of your b & b, you could have as much or as little as you liked.
I had gone to see my husband off on a six month deployment, and Toms words of kindness, and understanding to comfort me we very much appreciated, and geniune. He even offered that I go back and have a cuppa at the hotel, before I went on my journey home, which was by now outside of the booking out hours.
I honestly can say I felt extremely welcome and would recommend Tom , his staff and his hotel to all, they definately went the extra mile and more, to make my experience and pleasurable one, and I will certainly be going back there again.
Our room was very large and spacious with a view over the bowling green, although close to all amenities, it is in a very quiet road.
Highly recommend to all.

Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

I stayed in the Bowling Green for two nights in miserable February, I was at a real low point being infested with all sorts of winter bugs, I had driven a long way and was looking forward to a kip before tea, the room was ideal, it was warm clean and homely, I am fussy regarding cleanliness but I had no worries here.
I ventured out the first night and was misfortunate enough to stumble on one of those places......think that food needs a pound of salt for it to taste, processed rubbish I guess?
I mentioned to Tom that I thought he should do cooking, he said he had not the confidence to cook.......well that was not true(confidence not the cooking!), he cooked me a steak and ale pie that would put even my mother-in-law's cooking to shame, roast veggies all done to a turn,

Tom, do some simple no nonsense food, us travellers/guest house gypsies are sick of pretentious rubbish, Meals like that are impossble to come by in this age, I felt a whole lot better by the time I had finished that dinner I can tell you!

Anyways, my room was warm and clean did I mention that, loads of coffee and bits, nice cups all the goodies which make a room more like home from home.
Freeview TV too with loads of channels.
I shall be back for sure, I may need to do more work in the area and for sure I am going to bring the kids down to see the sites, many in walking distance from the guest house.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Havant, Hants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

We stayed at the Bowling Green for two nights and will definetly stay there again on our next visit. We have stayed in five other hotels in Plymouth, including four star hotels, and this was the most pleasant and relaxing stay we have had. The room was clean, spacious and well equipped. The staff were as freindly and helpful as you could possibly want. Thanks

Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

From the moment I spoke with Tom when booking our reservation, I knew we were in for a great stay! My Son and I were visiting Plymouth University for an interview and we knew very little about Plymouth and the surrounding area. We were greeted with a warm welcome by Tom and the guidance he provided regarding places to eat, how to get to the university and local information was invaluable. The room was ideal, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast the following morning was delicious! Our Son has now been offered a place at Plymouth University which he has now accepted - just as Tom had predicted! When we visit our Son in Plymouth we will be heading for the Bowling Green - really looking forward to it. Thanks again Tom

• Stayed February 2009
truro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

Our second weekend visit to the Bowling Green for rocking to Quo at the pavillions and treking the moors. A great location for us. The cleanliness is 100% everywhere, the staff great and the breakfasts really good. A top notch place for a very reasonable rate.
Lynn and Malcolm
Truro

TAUNTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

Our 1st stay here, Met with a warm welcome. Room Immaculately Clean & Comfy ;) Tasty Breakfast, Yummy, Many thanx Tom We will stay again, Rested & Refreshed, Highly recommended. Jo & Leon. Taunton. WURZEL CREW

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — nothink
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business