I stayed here recently for a three night business stop-over, and decided against the likes of Travel Lodge, Juries Inn etc. The Grosvenor has recently been refurbished to a very good standard and it shows. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. Rooms are set out in a higgledy-piggledy arrangement involving various flights of stairs up and stairs down, but I loved that, and I was fortunate enough to get a quiet single room along a corridor and up a short flight of steps.
The reception also houses a small bar area, and a comfy lounge, and snacks are available from a vending machine, or by ordering from the kitchen. Umbrellas are available for guests to use, which was a thoughtful provision, as it was raining when I subsequently left for an evening stroll.
The room was small, but comfortable and well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, an iron and ironing board, and with spare pillows available in the wardrobe (always a nice touch). There was a plug available right beside the bedside table, handy for re-charging my phone overnight, and internet access is available - reception provide you with an access code.
The en-suite was clean (spotless) with ample toiletries re-stocked afresh each day. One slight gripe was that the water never got very hot, but it was adequate for an early morning shower (no bath).
Breakfast is served in the basement dining room - again very clean although slightly clinical room, with a large TV on one wall for guests' entertainment. I liked that, though others may find it annoying. There was a choice of around 4 cereals, fresh fruit salad with yoghurt, toast, jams, marmalade and a cooked breakfast available in a myriad of combinations, including a vegetarian option. Staff in the dining room were efficient and friendly, and orders arrived hot and beautifully cooked.
The owners have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into bringing their hotel up to a very good standard of accommodation, and this lovely little place would suit holidaymakers or business travellers alike, especially if you aren't keen on the large hotel chains. I would certainly use this hotel again if the need arises
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the southwest's largest city, The Grosvenor Plymouth is the ideal base for a quality and affordable stay in the historical city of Plymouth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grosvenor Plymouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grosvenor Plymouth Hotel Plymouth
- Grosvenor Hotel Plymouth
- The Grosvenor Hotel Plymouth