Invicta Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Future Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$167
PremierInn.com
US$70
Travelodge
All reviewsthis family run hotelplymouth hoeno liftlisted buildingtop floorowners and stafffriendly hotelfirst floorwell stocked barshort walksmoked haddockon arrivalcity centreexcellent locationsingle roomfull englishwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2011

n jones very good me and the wife took grandson for a break room excellent very nice staff
4th time here not been disappointed on any of the visits lookin forward to next year

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Booked the Invicta after reviewing the Trip Advisor website.
Very disappointed with room after booking a superior room (room 17) with seaview at £92:50p.
Size of room was not what was expected. Very difficult and conjested for 2 persons to move around the room at the same time.
The bath was very high sided and would have been difficult to climb into for an elderly person - lucky we weren't!
Cracked tiles in the bathroom.
Due to numbers at breakfast in the morning had to wait for a table to be cleared for breakfast then a further wait for breakfast.
Staff joined residents in lounge to watch their programmes whilst eating takeaways!
At price charged would look elsewhere for better value if returning to Plymouth.
Nice pub a short distance down the road from hotel with good food.

Room Tip: Don't pay for superior room - not worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My son and I stayed just for one night in November 2011 and can't believe the odd negative reviews that I had read.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and more than accomodating. The room we stayed in on the first floor was clean, tidy and had everything that we needed. Comfortable clean beds and a lovely bathroom with excellent shower.

Breakfast the next morning was fresh and served quickly and courteously. All in all we had an excellent stay and the hotel offers a great place to stay, convenient and comfortable. Will definitely return here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This was the third time my wife and I had stayed in Plymouth to visit my son and wife and we booked the Invicta because of its location and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The only bugbears were the stiff climb to the third floor room we'd been given, and the very compact size of the room itself - although as we only really used it for sleeping in, that wasn't too much of a problem. However, for the price, you can't really complain.

Staff all very friendly and helpful, and we will stay there again, but will book a larger room on a lower floor!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
invicta123, Owner at Invicta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Invicta Hotel. I agree with you the third floor rooms are not for the faint hearted.I so wish we could install a lift into the Hotel however being a grade two star listed building, and some two hundred years old English heritage and the local authority will not allow us to install a lift.There are also many more restrictions on what we can, and cannot do.

Our ultimate aim is to assure our guests comfort,and make there stay as warm and as friendly as possible.We will not knowingly try to exceed guest expectations and therefore welcome all
constructive comments, and were possible focus upon them,thus enhancing our buisness and
guests overall stay at the Invicta Hotel.

We look forward in welcoming you back in 2012. Roy Martin Owner.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

As one of the people involved with Plymouths Rememberance Festival each year I am obliged to find Accommodation for the visiting Chelsea Pensioner and at times also for Delegates and Guest speakers for other organisations and I need to be confident that they will be well looked after and with this in mind I never hesitate to use the Invicta. This years Chelsea Pensioner who I booked in for 4 days was so pleased he is hoping to get selected for next years Festival so he can stay there again. I have found the owners to be extremely obliging with nothing being too much trouble.

Basil Downing-Waite Chairman Federation of Plymouth & District ex Services Associations

Room Tip: Speak to the manager on booking if you have any special requirements.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business