“A lovely wedding day pleasantly surprised by the mass catering.”

Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My comments are based solely on the attendance of a friends wedding at this delightful location in thick fog!
However despite the weather and eating food catered for about 80-100 people we had a lovely experience. The location has that quintissential English Country house charm and is tucked away down narrow lanes. So although a cliche in many ways it provides a great back drop for those aspiring to the traditional four weddings feel. I'm sure Jane Austin would not have not felt out of place here, the location Wembury even sounds familiar...Pembury"
Catering for weddings in the UK is nortouriously bad and usually a rip off, I have no idea what our friends paid for their day but we both enjoyed our three course meal, the duck was succulent, the lamb perfectly cooked medium rare and the classic sticky toffee pud a well executed treat, so well done to the catering staff, you have renewed my faith in wedding catering. The bar and interior rooms hired for the wedding were large enough yet some how cosy, they were even able to squeeze in a four piece live band. Our only one gripe was a large ugly white van parked up against one of the dining room windows spoiling the ambiance whilst we ate, this was promptly removed but we had to ask. So despite the weather I take my hat off to the Langdon court for pulling off a fabulous wedding day for our friends!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hanster707

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 24 having originally been allocated room 22-slightly confused about the room types as 22 was significantly larger than room 24 but both charged as same room type. Window sills and curtains were all damp and the mouldy. The large bed was actually two beds pushed together! Breakfast was really disappointing - there were no croissants on a continental choice during our two night stay. I also found an egg shell in my eggs benedict. Make sure you choose the right room for you as not all have stand up showers.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank sweetsnay
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is the second time I have been for a meal here, I do not know how they managed to improve upon my first visit but they did... We were met at the front entrance by a very polite young man who ensured that we knew were to go and let us know where the rest of our party was, we then went to the bar for pre-lunch drinks then into the very pleasant and well kept gardens to enjoy them. All our needs were attended to by very smartly dressed staff, nothing seemed to much trouble for them, they were extremely discreet in their attendance and considering that the place was very busy I was amazed at just how relaxed and at home they made everyone feel.

We enjoyed the set menu which had just the right amount of choice to choose from, there were 4 small children in the party and they had four totally different meals (there was enough for eight children and it was all very appetizing),our food was mouth watering, flavorsome, cooked to perfection and served beautifully. All this and the staffs attention to detail and friendliness made our visit so very special, I cannot thank the staff and management enough for all they did.

I have no hesitation in recommending Langdon Court Hotel and Restaurant and hopefully I will be returning there to enjoy the comfort, relaxation, grounds and of course the food....please keep up the traditions and good work.

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the hotel so I cannot pass comment only to say that if what I experienced is a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We attended and stayed here last night for a friends wedding. It was all perfect. Canopies were delicious, then the 3 course meal was lovely. It has a very cosy, but still upmarket feel to the place. Rooms were lovely, such a comfortable bed. The bridal suite was something special. Best of all was having photos outside yesterday afternoon, with no rain, no wind, and a tiny bit of sun coming through.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank baileys456
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed for three nights for my partners birthday. The weather was awful but we hardly noticed as we were too busy enjoying the sumptuous food and wine! We ate in the restaurant on all three nights and everything was excellent with nice touches of appetisers and petit fours. The fillet of beef with truffle mash was the highlight. Breakfast was also very good. The staff were friendly and welcoming and although this is clearly a 4 star hotel the atmosphere is informal and relaxed. We almost had the hotel to ourselves but the staff were in no hurry.

The room was large and faced both the gardens and the valley. Everything was clean and fresh. The walls in the hotel are so thick we did not hear the wind and rain which was lashing down. In the sunny moments we walked to the beach at Wembury, about half an hour away. We also visited Dartmoor, again in easy reach, in the car.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food bill at the end of the stay. All in all very good value and we felt like we had been there for longer than three days. A superb birthday treat for my partner and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milliemadwoman
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We just stayed at Langdon court as we're in the process of planning our wedding there for this summer. Just wanted to say what a wonderful evening we had- tasting our wedding breakfast menu and sampling the wine. The service was perfect, the food was incredible and the hotel, rooms and views are truly beautiful!! We never want to leave whenever we visit and simply can't explain how much we're looking forward to our wedding here in August.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kel311281
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I went here with 9 friends for high team for a birthday treat. The price is £15.95 a little more than we usually pay, but it really was worth it!! We booked in advance and on arrival they had laid a lovely table up for us. When the food arrived we could believe how much there was a whole tray with a variety of sandwiches and some many amazing cakes as well as more than enough scones with plenty of cream and jam.

On top of this the service was excellent the gentleman looking after us could't do enough for us and was very accommodating.

Highly recommended. I'm sure there other food is just as good but I haven't had the opportunity to taste it yet so can not comment.

Beautiful location.