Lots of good things to be said about this place...
- proximity to Plymouth and yet a lovely peaceful country location
- newly refurbished building and rooms
- comfortable beds
- food that's of a reasonable quality and not trying to rise above its station
However all that is let down by service....
- the kitchen was on the slow side (e.g. whilst waiting at reception, I witnessed it take 25 minutes for them to deliver a cooked breakfast to two guests sitting in an otherwise empty dining room .... the speed of service for my dinner the night before was also very much verging on the slow side).
- I mentioned "whilst waiting at reception" above .... well, that was very much the case.... I needed to checkout early to go to a meeting in town.... I went down to the reception desk at 07:40 .... nobody was there.... I went to check the breakfast area twice... no staff to be seen there on either occasion.... had to wait 20+ minutes (was checking my watch) until I got a chance to ask the waitress on her way back from serving the two gentlemen having the early breakfast. It was a similar situation at checkin the night before..... nobody at the reception desk, I had to wonder down to the restaurant/bar and ask the waitress for help.
I don't mind if you're not manning the reception desk 24x7 .... but please have some form of means for people to summon attention, there's no excuse in this day and age ... you've got all sorts of tools at your disposals (e.g. paging buzzers, remote electronic bells ..... none of which will exactly break the bank).
- I should also mention that there appeared to be signs of damp around the windows in the bathroom in my room.... for such a newly refurbished hotel this was rather worrying and may well be an indication of damp issues with the building itself !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy luxury, history and fine hospitality at a magical country house hotel in Devon. Lost in the South Devon countryside yet just a stone's throw from silver sandy beaches and historic Plymouth. Langdon Court is the perfect location for romantic breaks, business meetings, weddings and fine food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Court Hotel And Restaurant
- Langdon Court Plymouth