“A park bench would be superior to this dump”

Grosvenor Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Grosvenor Park Hotel
Ranked #73 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
london
“A park bench would be superior to this dump”
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I needed somewhere close to the Station and this place was offering a special deal according to their website
When I got there late evening I wasnt happy but had little choice but to pay for the room upfront as demanded and went out for dinner. On return I found no heating in my room ( this is January) the window was broken and street noise and cold streaming in. On calling reception I was aggresively told that I could have another room for a extra £15 to be paid in cash now or I could leave without a refund. VERY UNPLEASANT PEOPLE Running a very nasty hotel- the other reveiws cover the uncleanliness!!
DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF A MAJOR PROBLEM BY HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PLACE

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
norfolk
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Under new managemnt. Dreadful. A definite avoid.

• Liked — Position
  • Disliked — The Hotel and staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2007

The hotel itself was in a convenient location and had a car park. The room was adequate although quite dated and lacking any atmosphere. We went for breakfast at 9.15am to be told that breakfast stopped at 9am (this was a Sunday so had assumed it may be slightly later). We were not told about the times for b'fast when we arrived, although that did not prevent the 'chef/hotess' come storming in to loudly state that she had told us, and that all the cookers had all been turned off so we could have toast and cereal but that was it. I would suggest there are plenty of other B&B's in the locality with a more professionally run establishment.

Stayed October 2007
Cornwall UK
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I booked this hotel because of the close proximity to Home Park - we went to see George Michael in concert.
The hotel was terrible, there is nothing good to say about it at all. The room was cramped, the bed linen questionable as to its cleaniliness. The ensuite was horrible. Couldn't get the kettle to boil at all for a cup of tea.
Breakfast was a nightmare - the butter and milk were both off and when we tried the orange juice, we found it to be orange squash.
Other people stayed there the same night for the same reason - it was walking distance to the concert. But please avoid this hotel at all costs.
I must admit though that we have had a good laugh about it since - the staff certainly need to train in customer service skills.
I think they should have paid us to stay the night!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 1 July 2007

My daughter ,son-in-law, and myself booked this hotel by phone for the 22nd &23rd of June. When i asked for a confirmation by email the man shouted and said if i have made the booking then its booked. This booking was made four months in advance. 3 weeks before the date i phoned to confirm and was told yes they had the rooms. 1 week before the due date 2 young people who were with my party said they could not go due to money problems. I phoned the hotel to cancel and apologise and said i would still like the other 2 rooms they said that was ok. The night before we left i phoned to see if we still had the rooms and they said yes and what time would we arrive i said about six depending on traffic. At 6. 15 we arrived and where told that their were no rooms avialable and that she had put a question mark beside my name and they did not know wether we wanted the rooms. I do not know how many times a person has to confirm to make sure they have there booking. I said i had phoned more than once but they would not take us. It ended up a costly weekend. However when we entered the hotel it was very dirty the carpets were threadbare and unclean so from that point of view i think we had a lucky escape. Please inform anyone booking with these people not to expect a room or a good standard of service.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Disliked everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Sariah
Somerset
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We booked Months in advance through their web site and even phoned the week before to confirm but when we arrived they had not booked us any rooms. They did not apologize and we were left to find somewhere else at short notice.
The place looked dirty too.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank black-hole-dynamo
England
Reviewed 19 April 2007

This hotel is awfull do not stay. I stayed with my work collegues and it was horrible. My room had mold in the shower and the en-suite is tiny more like a small cuboard.
The room my collegue was staying in had blood on the wall and on the lampshade. He also had a huge hole where the keyhole was on the door, not very reassuring.

My recommendation is not to stay here, find a nicer place!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The decor was very outdated and some parts were unclean.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business