“Very good for older night owls”

Annabel's Cabaret and Discotheque
Ranked #26 of 188 Nightlife in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Annabel's 'Kingdom of Night time Pleasures' offers nights of indulgence, entertainment & a night club for the over 20's. Nightclub & Comfy Relaxed area. Plenty of seating, plenty of dancing & plenty of fun! For event listings join: Facebook group - Annabels' Cabaret & Discotheque, Plymouth or check out our web site. Smart Casual Dress Code & we are Over 20's. Fancy Dress welcome. FRIDAY/SATURDAY: 9.00PM - 4.00 AM
Cornwall
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,328 helpful votes
“Very good for older night owls”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Thought that I had long since passed the time when I or my good lady or our contemporaries would enjoy a very late night on the town with plenty of ales and a good deal of dancing. Proved wrong by a recent night at this club. Apart from some slightly assertive treatment by the door staff and some huge waits at the bars we had a really good time. We weren't just tolerated, there were a good many people in what I will politely refer to as early to mid-middle age. We weren't the last to leave but we stayed and enjoyed ourselves for many hours. Recommended.

Should say that it is fairly laid back, not at all posh or over glitzy. One of my friends explained very wittily why this club has been known for a couple of decades as 'Jannerbelles''.

Visited March 2013
13 Thank DougalM_12

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Gorgeous and Glamorous”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This lovely club is quite unique in this area. A great atmosphere, live misic, dancing, beautiful people... A really fabulous night out!

8 Thank NPlymouth
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“No protection of the innocent parties who want a quiet night”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I went out for the evening, the club was very crowded, my friend was dancing and bumped into a girl who pushed her over on the floor, my friend was shaken and very upset, we thought we'd be protected by the security only to find we got kicked out, my friend had a head injury and no first aid was offered, the aggressor was able to carry on her evening, this is unacceptable behaviour and legal action will be taken as I took statements at the scene being in the legal sector. My advice is to stay away !!!!!!!

16 Thank gemmaloulou
Devon
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,332 helpful votes
“Quite a nice place.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Comfortable, safe, generally busy and one venue where I don't feel embarrassingly old. Have seen some good live dance music and had a few painful mornings after. I have enjoyed myself many times.

Visited July 2012
15 Thank Cr0wM
United kingdom
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,279 helpful votes
“Safe bet for the older roué or lush.”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Well established and managed. Generally busy. Often live entertainment. Somewhere older folk can go without being embarrassed. Fair number of youngsters too.

Visited April 2012