“Love this place!”

Dolphin House Brazzerie
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WINNER OF LES ROUTIERS RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2014!The Dolphin House Brazzerie is an independent contemporary restaurant in the relaxed and stylish Sutton Harbour in Plymouth.We are passionate about delivering a memorable dining experience with our warm welcome and fantastic fresh seasonal menu.It is our mission to produce ethically sourced fresh food with integrity, from our Day Boat fish to our local farm assured meat. Specialising in Modern British Cuisine with international flavours we are confident you will find something you love.Food available Wednesday to Sunday; Breakfast, express lunch, light bites and grazes, evening menu and our fantastic Sunday Lunch.We also specialise in bespoke catering for functions and special occasions, where it is our aim to tailor each event specifically to your needs.
Millbrook, null, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

As always excellent service and food to die for. A taste sensation for all types of foodies. An experience not to be missed and in such a lovely setting.
Always recommend to anyone interested in amazing food.

• Visited May 2014
Jacq C, Owner at Dolphin House Brazzerie, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you! My Staff have added me to say that they love you too. Looking forward to seeing you again.

“Great night out”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Fantastic meal and great atmosphere would have been perfect if the bench seat had been comfortable and the tables not on top of each other making personal conversation impossible

• Visited May 2014
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came in for a dinner with a few friends. We got tempted by the food pictures on the tripadvisor, we thought we would give it a go and I wish we didn't. The food looked terrible, everything just thrown to the plates. Very average quality steaks ans soggy onion rings. Starters were overcooked and inedible. The staff were friendly, however we waited for the mains more than an hour (after we had our starters) and this is just unacceptable. Never again

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Kate R
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went to The Dolphin House for the Game Platter. Not sure what I expected but this was absolutely fantastic. A real assortment of tasty goodies, which included a quail kiev, a small venison and ale pie, confit of duck flapjacks, spring roll with rabbit to name but a few. The presentation was professional and made the food seem even more tempting. The staff are particularly friendly and certainly aim to provide you with a pleasant and relaxing time, all in all a very nice evening. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“real food”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant last week and I cannot fault anything! When me and my family (4 of us total) the front of house staff were very welcoming, the restaurant was a little busy when we arrived so they offered us a drink at the bar while they hung our coats. It wasn't long before we were seated at a lovely table right by the window with a lovely view of the harbour. We all decided to have 3 courses. The waitress explained what the soup, pate, fish etc of the day were, 2 of us decided to go for the fish skewers for starters and the other 2 had the veg tartlets. Both were plated up so carefully and tasted amazing! For mains I had the pork which was perfectly cooked! The flavours were amazing. My dad opted for the t-bone steak (a typical man's dish) and it was huge! He wanted it cooked medium rare and it was bang on how he liked it. My mum and sister went for fish of the day which was skate on the bone, they both said that it was beautifully cooked and the flavours really went well together. Only me and my sister went for desserts as my mum and dad just opted for the coffee and petit fours which is a great thing to go for if you don't have much room left and is great value at just 3 pounds. Me and my sister both went for the chocolate textures which was a definite ladies dessert, there were various different chocolates with different textures so it wasn't sickly. Over all our dining experience was out of this world.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and the bad reviews on this restaurant are very rare to occur, I think that people need to understand that people can have off nights. This restaurant obviously cares about food and I don't think people of Plymouth really understand what good food is. Our total bill came to just over 150 pounds, now for 4 people dining and such great food this is a steal! If you don't want to spend money I would recommend McDonald's, you pay for what you get and what we got was well above what we were expecting!
Thank you Dolphin House Brazzerie for a great meal we will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014