“The pub you always hoped to find”
Review of Clovelly Bay Inn

Clovelly Bay Inn
Ranked #14 of 779 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ★★★★★ PLYMOUTH PUB BY THE SEA ★★★★★ "Renowned For Wonderful Food" Family owned pub situated on the waterfront in the historic village of Turnchapel A warm welcome and friendly atmosphere awaits whether you are visiting us to drink, dine or both! We are ideally located to Mountbatten for all you’re your water sports needs, The South West Costal path for walking and only a short drive or water taxi to The Barbican and Plymouth City Centre. We look forward to seeing you soon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a great family run pub on the waterfront at Turnchapel. Good selection of beers, and fantastically good value meals of high quality. The Sunday roast could not be bettered, with loads of lean meat, and potatoes with just the right blend of crispness and fluffiness.
Very sympathetic atmosphere, great traditional decor with a nautical theme and attentive and friendly staff.
It may not be in the most obvious location, but you will not regret taking the trouble to find it.

3  Thank delian

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Hearty delicious meals all round. It was also brilliant value for money and friendly atmosphere. We will definitely be telling all of out friends and going back again very soon.

3  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I found this restaurant via trip advisor yesterday as me and my partner didn't fancy going somewhere in the city centre. The restaurant/pub is in an ideal location with beautiful surroundings. I was surprised on walking in at all of the reserved tables which made me believe I'd made the right choice in going there for a meal. The staff were very polite and helpful, finding a table for me and my girlfriend.

The food was absolutely amazing! Fit for a king and good portions of food. I've never left a review for anywhere before as I've never been compelled to, but I could actually taste how fresh the food was. There was a gent walking around with a guitar singing to people and the kids. Usually I'd find it quite annoying or embarrassing but it made for a really chilled out and friendly atmosphere.

The food was priced well and swift service. Thank you to all who work there, we'll definitely be returning.

2  Thank CReed1989
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wow, my wife & I visited this pub on recommendation & we were not disappointed. Pleasant, welcoming family run pub with an amazing standard of food. Very quaint location and would highly recommend to anyone.

We will most definitely be coming back to visit.

2  Thank cl772013
Reviewed 28 April 2014

stayed overnight as cycling coast to coast ,fantastic pub ,lovely food (large good evening meal and very large good cooked breakfast) and fine beer and fantastic hosts and barmaids.

rooms fine for us too