“Always good”

Rock Salt Cafe Brasserie
Ranked #17 of 764 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "Offering a classic mixture of quality food, all day, in a central position. A new cafe built into the shell of a late Georgian corner-pub".
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Food is great. Always try to call ahead to avoid disappointment. Been here 4 times always an enjoyable experience

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

After all the hype on this website we decided to try out the rock salt for my mums birthday but left being very disappointed. For starters I a had the scallops, I think they were £8.95 and I was given two scallops, the flavours were there but the dish was way too salty. For the main I had the duck which was small and quite fatty. My parents both had the lamb and was not cooked to their liking, they were not asked how they would like it cooked and it came out VERY rare, whilst they would have preferred it to be pink. They were informed the lamb would come with vegetables by the waitress but there was a minimal amount on the plate. The only good thing I have to say is that my desert was absolutely amazing but by that stage it was not good enough to salvage our thoughts on the earlier dishes. Overall, the value for money was terrible and I did actually leave feeling hungry.

3  Thank John_Ioannou1984
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The best food I have had in plymouth. 7 course taster was sublime especially the pork, Skye and peanut. Very creative chef with friendly but suitably relaxed staff. Excellent wine with sensible price tag.

TeamRockSalt, Manager at Rock Salt Cafe Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words, its funny the timing of your review as we recently had an inspection from the AA and earned our second rosette! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What a lovely place , food was amazing very proffesional well worth the money not overly priced either. Felt looked after , waitresses and waiter very helpful. The floor was slippery a few people mentioned this too
Would definitely come back

Reviewed 2 May 2014

First impression, noisy, espresso machine drowning out conversation. However food looked attractive on plates. I selected falafel burger. Could have chosen better. Lacking spices and smothered in mozarella, onion and sweet potato. Waitress said that was how the chef liked to make it. OK but not what I was expecting. Good to know I'm off to Chloe's later this month.