“Nice place for kids.” 3 of 5 bubbles

127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,314 helpful votes
“Nice place for kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Slightly unusual but friendly and well organised. If you run out of things to do with the children or it is too cold wet and blustery to do things outside then this is a useful distraction. Strictly low tech and traditional imbuing a basic insight into decoration and glazing but nothing very arty or aesthetic although fun and a little mess is the setting. Best perhaps for four to ten year olds or as may have been said before for OAPs or non working adults looking for pastimes. Doesn't rank with paint balling or line dancing for work group bonding.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank DougalM_12
ClayArt57, Owner at Clay Art, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to us. We do have a wide age range of visitors from toddlers through to adults, we aim to give a basic painting experience to all. You can make it has challenging as you feel able but it depends on whether you have some experience of art and painting. We have lots of stencils and stamps for the less artistic to help them produce a good standard of work and we give our customers a fun and relaxing feeling when they visit us.

We feel that we are a year round activity and not just for rainy days and that it is a good value family experience whatever the weather.

We hope to see you again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

We took our 2 boys (aged 5 and 7) for a family treat to paint at Clayart. The staff were brilliant help and so friendly. We even painted a Christmas present for Grandma and she loved it. We all had great fun will definitely return.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Andy A
devon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Impromptu visit to Clay Art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I took my niece and nephew in to Clay Art to escape the rain when they started to get bored and we happened to be passing. The kids had a great time. The staff were excellent; very friendly, but blessed with the creativity and knowledge essential to provide as good a service as they did. I would definitely go back. Probably a great venue for young children's birthday parties.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank francoisDevon
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lovely place to take children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I've been to Clay Art 3 times. I have to say I love the atmosphere. It can be very busy but the staff always find time to help. My daughter was painting a castle money box last weekend and the lady couldn't help enough and showed my daughter how to paint it well so the paint would come through effectively. I'm not a big fan of arty things and yet, I can quite happily sit and help my daughter while she paints and might venture doing something myself soon.
Lovely staff, friendly, peaceful and very family orientated. Would highly recommend.

2 Thank berlinlover
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have used Clay Art many times.
We really cannot recommend them highly enough!
A wonderful selection of bisc pottery is available to decorate and you can take as much time as you need.
There is a sample piece provided so you can tell what the glazes will look like after firing and full instructions are on every table.
The staff are warm and friendly more than willing to do whatever they can to help you produce your own unique piece of art.
The items are usually finished firing and available to collect within a week.

Visited November 2012