“Good experience.”
Review of Clay Art

Clay Art
Ranked #50 of 183 things to do in Plymouth
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A good experience for a rainy day out, to do something. Staff are lovely though but the choices to paint from are a little limited. Overall, a welcoming and relaxing day.

ClayArt57, Owner at Clay Art, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to ClayArt and you found our staff to be friendly. We are sorry you thought our choice of pottery was limited as we have over 145 different items of pottery to paint, perhaps you were looking for something in particular that we did not stock. We try to stock a range of different types and styles of items in order to give choice to all of our customers.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Slightly unusual but friendly and well organised. If you run out of things to do with the children or it is too cold wet and blustery to do things outside then this is a useful distraction. Strictly low tech and traditional imbuing a basic insight into decoration and glazing but nothing very arty or aesthetic although fun and a little mess is the setting. Best perhaps for four to ten year olds or as may have been said before for OAPs or non working adults looking for pastimes. Doesn't rank with paint balling or line dancing for work group bonding.

3  Thank DougalM_12
ClayArt57, Owner at Clay Art, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to us. We do have a wide age range of visitors from toddlers through to adults, we aim to give a basic painting experience to all. You can make it has challenging as you feel able but it depends on whether you have some experience of art and painting. We have lots of stencils and stamps for the less artistic to help them produce a good standard of work and we give our customers a fun and relaxing feeling when they visit us.

We feel that we are a year round activity and not just for rainy days and that it is a good value family experience whatever the weather.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We took our 2 boys (aged 5 and 7) for a family treat to paint at Clayart. The staff were brilliant help and so friendly. We even painted a Christmas present for Grandma and she loved it. We all had great fun will definitely return.

2  Thank Andy A
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I took my niece and nephew in to Clay Art to escape the rain when they started to get bored and we happened to be passing. The kids had a great time. The staff were excellent; very friendly, but blessed with the creativity and knowledge essential to provide as good a service as they did. I would definitely go back. Probably a great venue for young children's birthday parties.

1  Thank francoisDevon
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I've been to Clay Art 3 times. I have to say I love the atmosphere. It can be very busy but the staff always find time to help. My daughter was painting a castle money box last weekend and the lady couldn't help enough and showed my daughter how to paint it well so the paint would come through effectively. I'm not a big fan of arty things and yet, I can quite happily sit and help my daughter while she paints and might venture doing something myself soon.
Lovely staff, friendly, peaceful and very family orientated. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank berlinlover