“Best Sunday Carvery”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sunday Carvery”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a place, you can sit down overlooking one of the best views of Plymouth Sound and eat one of the best Roast Dinners you will ever taste. A choice of meats or more than one if you want, the vegetables are lovely and what a choice. Top with rich gravy, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, apple sauce and much more. Why not have a glass of wine, a beer or something non alcholic aswell. You must try this good, wholesome food, I recommend it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lesley M

“Fills a need”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Food is excellent and plenty of it. Certainly not inedible as another reviewer mentions. If anything a little too much, so I would rather have less and pay a bit less. Mine was a lunchtime experience and, yes, the staff were a little laid back, but it did not affect the service. Given my age group, and the type of clientele present on a weekday lunchtime, I feel the music was chosen for the benefit if the young staff, rather than the customers. I found it intrusive, loud and unintelligible! I ate there for convenience, as it is near where I live, I will go again, but for convenience rather than enthusiasm.

• Visited March 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Bland reheated food, nice location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely location but food was served lukewarm and tasteless. Looked nice but no flavour. I had hunters chicken smothered in BBQ sauce to disguise that it was tough and reheated, the cheese was like rubber. Food was lukewarm when served and stone cold by end of meal. Husband had the triple decker burger probably the worst he has had that had not come from a greasy takeaway van!.Said that a Rustler burger would have been better.
Staff OK although just muddling through, no real enthusiasm or care.
Will not go again for a meal.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Adben12
“The best Carvery in Plymouth”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the Mountbatten this past Sunday for Carvery and the food, variety and presentation was by far the best we have visited in Plymouth for a long time. It's well worth booking as the main pub area can get very busy during fine weather days. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
“Nice location but they must think that is all thats needed”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The location is obviously the main selling point of this "pub" but I think they see this as the only selling point they need.

The food leaves a lot to be desired, I would not say it is inedible because that is not the case but I would say for the price they are charging they should set the bar a lot higher.

The staff strike me as a laid back lot which is fine but they could show a glimmer of enthusiasm when your ordering and the like.

The carvery is overpriced but the selection is OK. There are better options around for a much better price.

I will probably go again because unfortunately, and as I said previously, the location is great for taking visitors who come down to see us. I shall not be eating though.

• Visited January 2014