“Sunday Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mountbatten Pub
Ranked #358 of 702 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visit The Mountbatten every now and again for their Sunday lunch, which has always been very nice.
But lately its always full of screaming children its like having your dinner at a play school.!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Good value sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I called in here for a snack with a friend. Not wanting to eat much for lunch, we both ordered the doorstep sandwiches. We really could have had one between us as they were enormous, well filled too. Service was OK, but l always feel the stressed out interior look, makes it look dreary.
It hasn't been here that long, but seems to look like this from when it opened.
They do a very good Sunday carvery, but you need to book, as it gets very busy. Having the ferry across to the Barbican is handy to come or go, or the No 2 bus will bring you here from the City Centre. Outside there are lovely walks along the coast.

• Visited July 2014
“customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

hi 4 of us came to your pub on Saturday the bar maid had no interest in serving ,she spoke to us as if it we were putting her out .
We then ask if you were still serving food to which she replied NO ,I think your staff could do with some training how many more customers leave the pub and think the same and then tell other people.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ivan_lawley
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a lovely meal, reasonably priced. Menu good, something for everyone. Children welcome early in evening only. Quite busy but plenty of extra seating outside.

Visited June 2014
“Trip Advisor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was going to start this off with the words "my only regret" but that would not be true. I do wish however I had logged on to trip advisor before visiting. It would have saved me the journey.
I half expected to hear Dave Lee Travis on the radio announcing another classic track by Duran Duran....
To say this place needs significant investment would be an understatement.. Very tired and dated. The staff were friendly but the young girl who bought out the food didn't know the table layout of the restaurant area and had to ask various tables before we called her over.......
The food was not average,, in fact some way below, but it was warm and filling bit i I did find myself getting bored with the process of chewing food!!!
Would I go back? No....