“Staying at the Lopes Arms”
Review of The Lopes Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
The Lopes Arms
Ranked #40 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I make several business trips a year to a company in Roborough and have discovered this local hotel ideally suited to me. The accommodation is basic but more than adequate. The food is excellent with a broad menu and a varying selection of specials. The portions are generous and filling. The staff are a happy bunch who are more than willing to go out of their way to help you. If you are not dining there is a welcoming pub atmosphere where you feel quite at home. More recently I have brought my wife to stay with me so she can do some sightseeing around Devon and Cornwall
I can recommend this hotel to any one who wants to visit the area.

Room Tip: You have a choice of single, double or multiple rooms but that will depemd on availability
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John S

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Daughter wanted to try Lopes for Lunch as I had been couple of times with friends. Nice freshly cooked pub food, friendly service with reasonable prices. Good choice of food on Specials board and they have Steak nights as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Having eaten here before four of us decided we would go there again to see if it wasn't just a one off last time, I am very glad to say it was even better than the previous visit
The portions are very good for every meal we had no complaints what so ever for value, service and food,so keep up the good work.
Can't wait to return

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have been several times and always been happy, its hard to find the 1st time (i was recommended by a friend) and yes there is a wait but if you want fresh food rather than microwaved I'm more than happy to wait. Also when I have been in for a work meal, we have pre-ordered and had our food within 5/10 minutes of sitting down. Everything is homemade, delicious and a good price (I would even say cheap for the quality you get!) especially the deal nights for £4.99! Staff have always been welcoming, polite and friendly. My only complaint would be that I have to drive there so I can only have one drink!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Visited on a few occasions now. Keep going back.
Stunning, homemade food at affordable prices. Its perfect for families too, with a great little kids menu. Everything, including desserts would appear to be homemade and we had some lovely little homemade chocolates with our coffee, which was a nice touch.

We will continue to go back to The Lopes for its great food and friendly welcome.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nextmuffin
Reviewed 25 December 2012

very good food and good service been there many times and havent yet been dissapointed
good family atmosphere close to the moors dogs welcome in front bar
highley recommended staff very quick at serving food ok for parking beer garden as well nice in the summer

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracy k
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Like many pubs the Lopes has certain nights when it does special deals.
On Fridays between 5pm and 7pm they do fish, chips and peas for £4.99.
This coincided with the time we turned up so we thought we'd give it a go....and boy were we glad we did!
A monster size haddock came out on a bed of chips with lots of peas.
The fish was hot and tasty and the batter light and crispy. It was delicious. Even at normal price of £8.45 this would be exceptional value for money.
The staff are friendly and polite, and the service extremely efficient.
This play is certainly high on our list of return to's.

• Stayed: October 2012