Elfordleigh Hotel
Hotwire.com
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Plymouth Derriford Hotel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$61
Travelodge
All reviewsleisure facilitiesoasis spasteam roomswimming poolthree course mealwedding guestsan updatehotel guestsbar menugreat facilitieslarge bathroomone night stayfamily roomfull englishexcellent value for moneygymbrasserie
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a few times. Our last visit was earlier this year. The staff were great and the food we had was very good. The management left little to be desired and in fact the owner visited and I told him that I thought 'the management' (about 6 in total), from what I observed, didn't make eye contact, smile or indeed speak to any of the guests whilst we were there. The senior manager at that time did speak to me after the owner had spoken to him and I am sorry to read that things do not seen to have improved. We loved the golf and the golf Professional is great. We want to stay again in the Spring and I will keep my eye on tripadvisor. I certainly do not think one should have to pay 'extra' for English Breakfast - that is another thing that I will be monitoring.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Elfordleigh1, Manager at Elfordleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

We read your review with concern as you are a regular customer at the Elfordleigh. A member of the management team will always be available to discuss any issues should they arise and we look forward to your return to the hotel next year. With regard to our current room charges there is the room only option. A full English or Continental breakfast and evening meal can then be purchased and added to the account. This also allows us to offer a very competitive room only rate if breakfast is not required. All inclusive golfing breaks are on offer so if you do have any queries please do not hesitate to ask our reception.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a golf society weekend with a group of 20,hotel rooms are quite large and very clean,nice veiws out over the golf course.Staff are friendly enough,but at times it seemed as if there was only one person working there.The golf course itself is very nice,well looked after with a different challenge on almost every hole and stunning veiws.Food was good allthough a little bit pricey,as were the drinks in the bar,£8 75 for a double jd & coke and £3 90 a pint.All in all tho enjoyed our time there and would go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your golf society weekend at the Elfordleigh.
The food and drinks prices are adjusted according to the time of year. Currently a pint of lager is £3.50 a pint, real ales £3.10 a pint and a double Jack Daniels and Coke £6.75.

Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

16 of us fellas booked in on my stag weekend.Cracking scenic golf course that IMO up there with best.Rooms were clean & tidy..Food &service was excellent couldn't fault it.The bar was airy with TV's so we were able to watch sport.There was another bar area with no TV's so all were catered for.Recp booked taxis so no issues there,again cheap & prompt.Only one downside the Barman worked his butt off serving beer/food/coffees.Defo need at least 2 people working...If you want a golf weekend/good food/alcohol this is the place....Excellent!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Changing area was down some stairs and along a corridor away from pool/spa and treatment rooms. Forcing 4 of us to walk around semi naked with gowns.

Would not go again.

Very good care taken of us for lunch, again the restaurant was a long walk from spa and treatments. We needed to get dressed and undressed again.

It was a nota seamless and comfortable experience. Sadly asIi'm Newcastle based wasn't able to tour the facility first.

• Stayed: January 2012
Elfordleigh1, Manager at Elfordleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your review. We value all comments as we look for continuous improvement.

We were sorry to hear that your Spa Day was not up to your expectations. With regard to the changing rooms, there are various rooms available within various proximity to the treatment rooms.

It was good to hear you had an enjoyable lunch. The Oasis Leisure and Spa is situated in a separate building from the main hotel joined by a corridor requiring a short walk to the restaurant. There are three restaurant areas available providing users of the spa an optional preference where to have their meal.

We endevour to ensure all customers leave the Elfordleigh hotel, Oasis Leisure and Golf Course happy with the facilities,service and would hope to see you return in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have never felt compelled to write a review before but I feel I have too on this occasion. I have stayed at this hotel for years on business and travel a good distance out of my way to do so. The question is why? Because it has an O.K. gym and a good golf course that you are not stopped from using on an evening for free.

The rooms are adequate in standard; they are large but tired and need a refit, apart from the showers that are greatest in the whole world. The price that you pay for your room is good value but the cost and quality of the food and drink is simply appalling and the owners are clearly being greedy. Tonight I expressed my opinion that the food was simply terrible and the waitress just laughed and walked off, she made no attempt to resolve my complaints which infuriated me even more.

In conclusion stay for a great value room with good facitlies, especially when you can walk on the golf course for free when the golf shop is closed, but eat elsewhere as the food and service is simply the worst value for money you will ever receive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Elfordleigh1, Manager at Elfordleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

We have read your review with obvious concerns as you have been a regular customer at the Elfordleigh.

The hotel is currently undergoing a gradual refurbishment and it appears your recent room has had a new bathroom and scheduled for further updating.

Our aim is to offer value for money and good customer service at the Elfordleigh and our food and beverage manager is currently reviewing menus and pricing.

The handling of your concerns by the member of waiting staff is simply not acceptable and all staff are receiving ongoing training in customer service to ensure these situations are handled in the correct manner. A duty manager is always available to address such issues should they arise.

Please accept our sincere aplogies and we would like to offer a bottle of wine from management as a gesture to hopefully see you return as a valued guest of the Elfordleigh.