“elfordleigh wedding aftercare awful!!!!”
Review of Elfordleigh Hotel

Elfordleigh Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“elfordleigh wedding aftercare awful!!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The question is where to start, last year I had my wedding at the elfordleigh which I had booked 2 years in advance the wedding itself was lovely but the aftercare was awful, Whilst planning my wedding I had 4 different wedding co-ordinators which were incredibly hard to get hold of, I booked rooms for elderly guests which were travelling a long way that were not 'ready' for when they arrived even though these had as I stated earlier been booked in advance, my main concern is I had items go missing at my wedding, straight away my guests were blamed and then I was told it was my responsibility for my own belongings even though I had asked for them the next morning after my wedding. My wedding was last year and I'm still awaiting a response from management so I really think that says it all, rooms weren't booked, items were stolen and nobody at the hotel can explain this, It is such a shame that the hotel is let down by its poor management.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alex H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Plymouth
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Decided to stay at the Elfordleigh for a night as they had a good deal on, plus we thought it would be nice to get away.
We were greeted pleasantly & were given our room key. Whilst walking to our room we noticed that there were a few rooms that had food left outside which people had obviously ordered room service. This food was still there when we checked out!!

Upon entering our room it appeared very cold so we whacked the heating up, however, it didnt really warm up so we spent our night huddled together. The shower was also mouldy.

We went down for our evening meal - the food was lovely although the staff had not been properly trained & the roll for the soup came after my partner had eaten the soup. Despite this it was a nice evening meal.

In the morning we went down for brekkie, however, there were not enough seats so lots of us had to eat in the bar area! Ridiculous! We then had to keep going backwards & forwards to top up for toast, jam, cereal etc.

Overall, I wouldnt stay here again. Shame, as it has lots of potential.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SalsaChickPlymouth

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

bristol
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on the way back from collecting our daughter from Plymouth University. Nice quite surroundings and relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. Rooms plain but very clean. Most impressed with the evening meal presented very well with a lovely waitress and the food was excellent freshly cooked and the best I have tasted in a restaurant for a long time. I had the vegetarian option and it was lovely, my
Husband had the steak and cooked to perfection and my daughter the chicken . Super selection of puddings and the sticky toffee pud was a really good choice. The price of dinner , bed and breakfast rate for 3 of us was really good value

Stayed April 2014
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Short stay at this hotel situated in its own grounds and its golf course. Our room was amazingly large, well furnished and complemented with a huge comfortable bed. Staff met were exceptional and the restaurant menu and food very good and resonably priced. Exceptionally quiet nights sleep and overall recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My partner was booked in to stay here whilst working away, I joined him for a short break. We stayed here for one night, on arrival the receptionist upgraded us (for free!) to a four poster suite with double jacuzzi bath with lovely views over the golf course & gardens :-D we ate in the bar, food was delicious & all staff friendly. Breakfast was served in the restaurant, good choice at the self serve buffet & hot breakfast available to order. We would recommend this hotel & will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here to visit the Traby Arms for a birthday dinner. When we arrived it was very busy with a hen party all enjoying the spa and bar refreshments. We left for our meal just as they were preparing for their evening dinner and fun. The bar is not very welcoming and would not have wanted to spend much time there, but OK for the golfers.
Our room was large and had a view of the grounds.......remember to draw the curtains if on a ground floor and undressing!
For a one night stopover this was good value and very comfortable. We heard no noise later in the evening/night so the place is big enough to accommodate a celebration without disturbing other guests

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were away for a few days. The hotel was offering a deal for the valentines weekend.
When we arrived, we liked the look of the place. And our room was huge. The bathroom was as big as my bedroom at home. When we started looking round there was cobwebs on the ceiling. The carpet was absolutely threadbare. The valence sheet was black where the Hoover must have hit it a hundred times. Certainly wasn't fresh on that week!

We decided to have a meal. One restaurant was closed and the other was sparsely occupied. We went in and given the valentines menu. The food was very basic, no veg and pricy. It wasn't until later we discovered we could have had the same items from the standard menu for less! I was given lager for cider.

The bed was totally beyond its sell by date. We had the worse nights sleep ever. The springs were in our back and we fell towards each other. If you got near the edge you fell out, which I actually did.

The wifi, which he hotel say they have, just worked if you was by the door, but unusable for anything.

We started to look on trip advisor (note to self to check here before booking) that others had suffered the same bed problem and the management had suggested that if they'd have complained they would have gotten a different mattress as they spares. Well they don't have spare mattresses. We asked, and they said they don't. We was offered a different room. Which was smaller and had the same rubbish bed.

I used the pool, which was nice. The bottom did look like it could have done with a clean. I can see why some people who had treatments had issues as where you chill, is where everyone else walks through. Bizarre!

The golf course did look nice, although I'm not a golfer!

Would I visit again, no.