“A real tea shop.”
Review of World Peace Cafe

World Peace Cafe
Ranked #192 of 759 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just perfect. Plymouth has a new tea shop opening almost every week and so many are just rubbish. This place which I think has been there for at least four or five years, maybe more, is slightly off the beaten track but otherwise everything that you could hope for. Occupying the large well proportioned front room of a big late Victorian town house otherwise given over to an easy going buddhist centre. Although it wouldn't matter the centre does not intrude upon the cafe. Peaceful, well used, delightful cooking, nit just cakes but all day snacks. Try it.

6  Thank Knackersknowle

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is such a good place. Lovely quality imaginative food. Superb friendly service. Really comfortable cafe. Well worth going out of your way to get to. I shall stop there as if I praise it as highly as I want to there will be such an influx of visitors that I won't be able get in.
I have only one quibble .... if you are not aware of the Buddhist festivals etc you will arrive there & find it closed. No idea what you can do about that but it's a consideration. And it won't stop me going.

9  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I only had time for a coffee but it was lovely. The atmosphere was relaxing and the food menu looked very good so I would like to go back next time we are visiting to try it out. Staff very helpful.

8  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a great little gem of a place hiding away from the main road. The food was fantastic, reasonably priced, and everyone there was relaxed and friendly. A real find, make sure you try it out if you get chance.

6  Thank MrsMBPlymouth
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I visited today for lunch with my daughter. The staff were very friendly and helpful, answering all questions about the menu willingly. The food was mouth-wateringly yummy! I had their home made bubble and squeak with the tastiest salad I had eaten in a long while. My daughter had a wheat free bread sandwich filled with veg and served with salad and tortilla chips. The salad was not just tasty but used several seasonal vegetables. Well done!

7  Thank Susan J