“Great food, great staff!”
Review of Zuzimo

Zuzimo
Ranked #17 of 732 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ZUZiMO! Is a restaurant and tapas bar located on Plymouth's Barbican, a short walk from Plymouth city centre and next to Sutton Harbour. Come in and relax with fresh, local, homemade dishes cooked by our chefs in styles from around the world.We are open Everyday for lunch and dinner and offer an excellent choice of menus; From Tapas to Steaks, Pastas to Tagines, You will find something to suit all palates and appetites. Check our website for all details
nirvana
“Great food, great staff!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I ate here with some friends on Friday 2nd May and I would really like to recommend this restaurant. The coffee was delicious, the staff totally delightful and the food completely divine. I had the mushroom risotto and it was really excellent. The ambience was great and my friends and I all agreed we'd come here again. For those of you who like a bargain, the restaurant runs a loyalty scheme and there are also some good deals to be had on the day, such as a main course with a glass of wine for £10.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank NirvanaDevonmaid
Mohsen V, Owner at Zuzimo, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Great customers, that's what completing our mission
Looking forward seeing you soon & can not thank you enough for your words of encouragement

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
“A Fantastic Unplanned Meal”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Walking through Plymouth looking for somewhere to eat, I opened up TripAdviser to find Zuzimo as the highest recommended place closest to us.
On approach, the guys I was with weren't sure, but happy to give the place a go, and aren't we glad we did.
No only was it a relaxed evening, but the food was fantastic, the service excellent and value for money great.
We loved the sharing breads with dips, and olives to start, the mains fantastic and the beers to wash it down just added to a really great evening.
Many thanks Zuzimo for a great evening. I'm not usually one for writing reviews, but had to thank you for a great meal and look forward to coming again.

3 Thank Sam N
Hi,
Thank you for recommending us, Zuzimo is all about unplanned happiness & people like yourself completing it!
Looking forward seeing you soon
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful end to our day”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

After a day in the Plymouth sunshine, myself and a friend had fancied some tapas. After calling Zuzimo at 8.30pm we were told they could accommodate us and a table would be reserved.
Fifteen minutes later, we were greeted by a lovely young woman who basically made the evening wonderful! Her polite and casual manner made our dining experience thoroughly enjoyable.

We ordered a bottle of Prosecco which was poured at our table and topped up during our meal - very nice touch

I agree the menu is a bit random but this only adds to the charm!

We ordered the scallops and mussels as a starter which were faultless. A choice of tapas followed shortly after which were also well cooked and seasoned - pretty good. I've had better calamari but this is a minor point.

Regular check backs to our table and a clean, well presented venue.

Overall, a lovely dining experience

2 Thank katysamuels
Mohsen V, Owner at Zuzimo, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you ever so much for your kindness
See you soon
Mo & zuzi
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant tastes”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A friend recomended this restaurant and it was well worth a visit. Having just been to Spain and had the Spanish tapas l did wonder what these would be like, delicious and tasty. Next time l will just have a variety of them. Good portions and quite a choice. The mains were good too. I had the duck and although nice was a little too fatty, but the rest of the meal and my friends Tagine was lovely. Prices reasonable but thought the coffee a bit expensive at £2.95. Good service from the staff. Definitely my kind of place. They also do loyalty cards.

2 Thank wendygp
Mohsen V, Owner at Zuzimo, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I can't thank you enough for rating us here, ever so glad to make your experience special & we are looking forward seeing you soon...
kiev
“Very tasty food very friendly service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If I could make a menu of world foods that I like, it would look like this. Best of British and a bit of everything else. I had the polenta fish and chips. Very very yummy. Gluten free!

3 Thank susanvetbird
Hi!
The combination of this & people like yourself make us happy! Happy!
See you soon...