and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Plymouth City Centre (Lockyers Quay) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very friendly staff, nothing too much trouble. Well situated to local amenities, a gentle stroll brings you into the heart of Plymouths Barbican area with shops, bars and small market stalls not to mention the excellent fish and chip shops. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam W

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed Sunday for two nights, easy to find right next door to the Sutton Harbour premier inn.
Plenty of free parking for hotel customers, so this was a great start.
We had paid and checked in on line saved messing on arrival, asked for a harbour view room and we received it.
Nice room with a massive flat screen TV fitted to the wall, so great for the world cup!
Could not fault the hotel lovely setting and great location for walking, round the harbour or 5 mins up into the shops.
We booked the full b/fast as always first class food on offer, and plenty to fill you up for the ahead.
You take b/fast at the pub at the harbour side, they cook your b/fast to order, so please ask for as much as you like.
There are all the starters for you flakes/ fresh fruit/ yogurts/ plus loads more.
Hope you have a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ian_barker
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Sometimes the big guys just get it right, and this time they have!. From the reception staff to the breakfast staff in the morning, we were looked after extremely well. No complaints. The room was a bit warm, but there were two fans operating on our arrival. The best that could be done, and very much appreciated. The bed was supremely comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent, and served by friendly, attentive staff member. Would recommend this hotel, and will use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IanK106
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I arrived to find that my company had not paid for the room. After driving 215 miles on Sunday there was no help from the front desk staff, just that I hAd to pay. The fact that my company uses premier inn all the time, this did not seem to matter and I was being asked to pay the full amount over £400. Then my reservation was frozen for some unknown reason. I contacted the 0871 number and only saving grace was a lovely lady at central reservation who agreed that If I paid for 1 night then when the company could be contacted and payment made, I would then be refunded. After a hour of waiting in my car I finally got my room key. Room was clean, adequate nothing special. Sleep was very poor, bed uncomfortable, area noisey and room stuffy! My company paid for my room first thing Monday morning and breakfast and for a meal at table table for all the mornings/evenings. Even though my company had paid for this meal deal with the room, the front desk staff were unaware and had no idea of this and I had to produce the Email that had been forwarded to me by my company to prove what I had been saying. The communication from when premier inns get the money to forwarding the information to staff is awful! The breakfast was greasy and vastly overpriced. The evening meal in table table was poor at best. The service was awful and I got looked down at for asking for a fork to eat with! That partnership appears awful and I will not be eating there again, nor will I be recommending it for my numerous colleagues to use. I would rather pay on expenses to eat elsewhere! If I could move hotels I would! I would not recommend premier inns to anyone. I have received much better service from other hotel chains.

Room Tip: Avoid lockyers quay, try another hotel chain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil R
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Plymouth City Centre (Lockyers Quay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for the weekend at this hotel. We were warned no aircon after booking, no probs a quiet good sized fan was in the room. We were also warned that may be noisy as on main road, we didn't find it too bad at all. Excellent Staff. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Couldn't ask more of a hotel.. Have stayed here twice in recent weeks, clean, comfortable accommodation with very helpful and willing staff. They have recognised no air con is a problem but have made every effort to alleviate the situation. I had two pedestal fans in my room on permanently and was offered sheets instead of a duvet. Good location, decent breakfast. I have stayed in much "posher" hotels and been much less happy with my stay. Does what it says on the tin….

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

well situated, close to city centre for those that want to shop in the very well equipped shopping centre, also very close to the historic barbican and all of it's attractions. perfect night's sleep in very comfortable bed, very clean & friendly place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple