Premier Inn Plymouth City Centre (Sutton Harbour) Hotel
US$91
US$81
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$100
PremierInn.com
US$60
Travelodge
    1,363 results
    All reviewscar parkair conmeal dealroad sidenational marine aquariumcity centregood nights sleepfree parkingall you can eatshort walkthird floorbarbican areareception staffbudget hotelcooked breakfastbars and restaurantsroom was spotless
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 24 May 2013

The service received from the staff was friendly, quick and efficient, both on reception and in the restaurant. We only had breakfast in the restaurant, not an evening meal (they didn't open for lunch), but all of the food was of good standard. Our room was typical of most other Premier Inns that I have experienced - a large confortable bed with plenty of pillows (although I couldn't feel much difference between the so called firm and soft pillows) - good quality bathroom - plenty of storage space. Our room faced the harbour away from the road, so it was quiet. My only criticism is that the only cooling in the room was a floor standing fan. The wall mounted thermostat controlled room heating, but not cooling. Despite visiting in late Spring our room was extremely hot and although we left the window open and had the fan on all of the time the temperature only went up, never down, which made sleeping a problem. I hate to think how hot the room would be in the height of the summer!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbour are quieter, but the higher rooms seem to be hotter.
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was very impressed by the friendliness and helpful manner of the hotel staff. My room was pleasant, clean and comfortable and I appreciated the provision of good quality pillows and sheets, and my favourite, good brand of tea.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May 2013, we arrived late having just finished our holiday and flown in from Corfu that day, we were very tired and hungry, the staff went out of their way to provide us with something to eat, past the normal open hours of the restuarant, it's this sort of service above the call of duty, which means a great deal to weary travellers. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would happily return.. Our only critisism would be that the hotel is on a busy road so our next visit we would request a harbourside room, as the room was quite noisy due to the traffic and rowdy revellers late at night, but they refunded us for that night, under their ' good nights sleep' guarantee. Well done girls from the bar area on Friday 17th May. you are a credit to the company, sorry I forgot your names.

Room Tip: Harbourside rooms are quieter.
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 11 May 2013

Checked in for a Friday and Saturday night. There was a small queue to check-in at 3pm due to several of us all checking in at the earliest time.

Staff were friendly and the place spotlessly clean and tidy.

Likewise our room was spotless and overlooked the yacht harbour, and the double bed massive. Perhaps it was king size? It certainly felt and looked bigger that other PI beds I've slept in.

One thing that worried me were the two fans in the room. Does this mean it gets too hot when it's hot? It certainly wasn't an issue for our weekend which was mostly overcast, wet and windy.

The nearby Pub Thistle Tavern, which although it may have looked a little rough to those who prefer 4-star, was great having a good selection of Real Ales and had a live band playing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have just stayed 2 nights at this premier inn. It was chosen because of its close proximity to the site I was visiting which turned out to be massively to my advantage.

The place is clean , standard premier inn set up staffed by helpful friendly individuals.

As previously mentioned the view out over the water is excellent. Nice view on a morning.

Would recommend and use again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business