“Excellent weekend away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Excellent weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as a chance to meet our nephew and his girlfriend and see Plymouth. We were provided with a special offer. When we arrived we were very impressed with the size of the rooms and the cleanliness. We had breakfast each day and had one evening meal in the Fishbone restaurant. There was plenty on offer at breakfast, enough to fill us up for the day. We found the taxi service very good and the cost for one into town was less than a bus ride one way into town for four people. We are glad to see they have one in the Bristol area if our nephew and girlfriend ever need to come up this way to see us. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you are disabled or have problems getting into a bath, they have eight wet rooms and they are ver...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.
We are pleased to hear your kind words regarding the cleanliness of the room.
We would highly recommend Future Inn Bristol too, an excellent location.
If you use us (or Bristol) again we would suggest signing up to the Future Club Rewards scheme, just visit our website or ask at reception.
We hope you see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
poole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as we were attending a dinner and dance. Reception was very friendly with quick check in and out. Our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable. We had read reviews of the food and decided to eat out, which suited us fine. However, the food at our dinner and dance was not of the standard we expected. I had the Wild Mushroom risotto which was warm and stodgy, not creamy as expected. The starter and sweet were good. Easy bus access into the city. We would recommend the hotel, but not the food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Future Inn. I have passed your kind comments regarding the friendly and quick check in and out, also the spacious and clean bedroom. I have passed this on to the front office and housekeeping team.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies about your wild mushroom risotto, I have review the dish and will take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring these matters to our attention and that your feedback is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.

Future Inns Plymouth
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had to stay an extra night in Plymouth but all hotels were booked - so ended up here. Only room available was a suite and was expensive - but have to say was a very enjoyable bit if extravagance!

Very accessible from main routes being on outskirts of Plymouth but ideal base for getting in and out of the city.

Room was spotless and everything you could need.

Staff very good and efficient.

Feels very much Like a business hotel rather than family hotel but don't let that put you off.

Wish I could have stayed longer but budget was not made for this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for the kind comments regarding the standard of our rooms and staff.
We feel our location is excellent to explore the city and surrounding areas, and are pleased to hear you agree.
We do hope you you choose Future Inn Plymouth during your next visit to the city.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Future Inn for just a night, on a business trip. The member of staff when I arrived at night was pleasant and efficient.

I was very pleased with the room and it's size and overall cleanliness. The room had a separate lounge which if I'd had more time would have made use of.

Ticked all the boxes for me and the best part was free parking and free wifi! Thisshould be the norm in all hotels!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Future Inn Plymouth.
I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful, we pride ourselves on having an excellent team here.
It is also nice to hear your room was suitable for your requirements and you took advantage of our free amenities.
We hope to see you again soon.
Ceredigion, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Saw the dreadful reviews before our stay so was rather apprehensive! Check in was ultra quick and friendly. I have to say that I thought that the rooms were really great, large with two double beds and very very clean too. Great bathroom with at last a heated large mirror that never steams up!!! Wish more hotels had them it drives me mad!
Now the restaurant and bar!! Had a drink in the bar thank goodness it was a quick one as the sitting area was small and so uninviting with about the most uncomfortable seats in the hotel world! Just what you need after driving 180 miles! Walked into the restaurant without a booking. We were greeted by a young man who was friendly (he was our waiter too) The service was really fast and efficient all with smiles and friendly chat. The food I thought was just about ok but nothing brilliant. The service however could not be faulted. Breakfast was just ok! If I stayed there again I would definitely not eat or drink there. It's such a shame because it really could be very nice!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil1957
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fishbone restaurant. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion in particular the quality of your evening meal, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please let me assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Fishbone restaurant prides itself.

On a lighter note, thank you for your kind comments regarding the speedy service in the restaurant and the helpfully staff. I have passed this on the restaurant team.

I would like to know more about the food you had during your meal, then I can past this on to the kitchen team. You can email me or call on ahayman@futureinns.co.uk or 01752 701 000.

Food & Beverage Manager - Future Inns
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had to stay in Plymouth last minute and found Future Inn online - easy to book and find the hotel.

For what. Paid last minute - £90 - the room was great a very big and spacious but also very tired and dated in its look and design. However it was clean and quiet and I couldn't have asked for me.

The staff at the reception were great and very helpful.

Breakfast however was an experience - I walked in and sat down, with 3 members of staff working in the restaurant and only about 8 other guests eating. I wasn't acknowledged by anyone or said "good morning to" or even asked for my room number.

The food was awful - I have stayed in basic hotels in Europe before and this hotel isn't even up to there standard - the selection is ridiculously limited and obviously aimed at the coach party market.
Coffee and tea table was filthy and tasted bitter - selection of cereals and uncooked food was basic and beyond a joke to be honest.

I was sat overlooking the famous "golden M arches" over the road and if I ever stayed here again I would skip breakfast at this hotel and would pop over there for a muffin and coffee - and that is saying something!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid avoid avoid the restaurant
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Future Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion in particular the quality and service you received during breakfast, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please let me assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Future Inns prides itself.

Each and every guest should be acknowledged on entering the restaurant. I have spoken with all the breakfast staff and I have revisited the training program of our breakfast standard, as to ensure another guest does not experience this poor service that you received again.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring these matters to our attention and I would like to reiterate that your feedback is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.

Food & Beverage Manager - Future Inn Plymouth