Future Inn Plymouth
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Plymouth Derriford Hotel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
Orbitz.com
2,239 results
All reviewsfishbone restauranttwo double bedsbusiness parkroad workscity centremodern hotelplenty of free parkingderriford hospitalrooms are largeair congood sizerestaurant staffwould stay againbuffet styleexcellent hotelvisiting familybusiness trip
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are large but very dated and feels dirty despite it being fairly clean. Cheap bedding made for an uncomfortable itchy night, everything is very basic and not worth the high prices they ask.
Judging by the quality of the room I didn't want to risk dinner or breakfast so ate out And with some of the previous reviews I was right in doing so!

Even for a one night business trip it's not worth it, go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mylifeinhotels14
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review.
I am concerned to hear your comments regarding our dated rooms. We feel proud of our modern and comfortable rooms, so it is unfortunate that you do not agree.
We hope you are willing to try us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Efficient clean and comfortable the hotel is sparse but the rooms we'll equipped and of a good size , the beds are large and very comfortable,
The hotel is a little isolated but access to the centre of Plymouth is only 5 or 10 minuets by car

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased to hear you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We receive lots of good feedback regarding our beds, and it is great to hear that you agree.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked in for a one night stay, I chose the hotel purely for its proximity to my next day business meeting. Looking around the reception there seemed to be two types of resident - coach tour parties and builders. It is a strange combination, the public areas are quite modern and the ambience in the bar/restaurant is OK, but the rooms are definitely from a different era. The bathroom had a Jack and Jill door into the WC - I honestly thought that there was no WC in the room, until I opened the opened door to reveal a separate one. On the plus side, there were a lot of power sockets under the desk, unlike most modern hotels. On the minus side, there were some used tissues under the duvet cover and the bathroom obviously has problems with people not closing the shower curtain.

The same two tier scenario applies to the staff - there are native English speakers and Eastern Europeans with English as a second language. I have no problem with that at all, what I did have a problem with was the level of service. It was obvious that the serving staff had no training or just could not be bothered. At the breakfast buffet it was like being in an M1 service station in the late 70's. I noticed that people were using cereal bowls to eat their fried breakfasts from. I asked the girl behind the counter for some plates, I might as well have asked her for directions to London, she had no idea what I wanted. I then asked one of the 'management' staff if there were any fresh scrambled eggs as the grey blobs of sponge in the bowl were inedible. She just turned her nose up at me and walked away, leaving me to have one of the warm, greasy fried eggs.

For the first time ever in a TA review - this is a hotel I would not stay at again. Enough said.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nigel H

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am concerned to hear the issues regarding both the cleanliness of your room and the helpfulness of our staff. This is not the normally high service we pride ourselves on, and I would like to apologise that on this occasion we have let you down.
Please be assured I will pass your comments on to our department managers to ensure this does not happen again.
Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope you are willing to give Future Inn Plymouth another try.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had to work in Plymouth for 2 days and it just happened to be my birthday so not looking forward to it!!
The hotel is lovely, very nice i was impressed with the size of my room 2 double beds for one person , bathroom was basic but very clean and nice samples to take away (it's the rule if staying hotel to take samples)
The hotel has the Fishbone restaurant attached and the hotel booked my reservation for me, although i got to them early they were more than happy to let me go in early and order.
I had starter, main and dessert and every single course was wonderful, my steak was cooked to perfection and my waitress was a darling I wish i took her name, but she is an asset to them very helpful and chatty and just generally pleasant as were all the staff.
I would definitely recommend to friends and family to stay here and eat at the restaurant.
I think it is worth every penny

Room Tip: My room overlooked the main car park, not that close , but in the morning i could hear the cars starting and pulling away, so if you want a lie in ask for room at the back or not on the 1st floor, the room was excellent though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review.
We are grateful for the kind comments regarding the standard of our rooms and the quality of your food in the restaurant.
I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very pleasant and helpful, especially one of our waiting team. I will pass your comments on to our restaurant manager who will pass the praise to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Future Inn again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Before I provide my current review of the hotel I will place it in context of past stays. The hotel opened in 2006 and I was one of its first guests. In fact I stayed for approximately 18 months at this hotel, 4 nights a week. When it first opened the restaurant provided good breakfasts and evening meals, but by the time I finished my "stint" in Plymouth I was either buying my breakfast elsewhere and having it in my room or going to McDonalds across the road. For my evening meal I took the hassle of driving into central Plymouth rather than eat in their restaurant. The hotels managers excuse then was that the restaurant was owned by another company ! As for the rooms, the beds were very comfortable and the large rooms were kept immaculately clean. As for the WiFi in the hotel, apart from the lobby area it was abismall.

Between 2007 and now I have stayed at this hotel a couple of other times and my experience of it had not changed. I always got a good night sleep in a clean room.

So that was then what about this last stay ? We had booked a 2 night stay at the hotel. We found the bedroom and public area's as clean as before. The only thing we had doubts about was the quality of the beds and this was beared out by our first nights stay; it was terrible. It could have been worse if we had gone for a King sized bed, but we had 2 Queen sized beds. Only mentioning this too reception we were told that the hotel was full and they had no flexibility to change our room. Another couple were waiting behind us at reception and they raised a similar complaint.

The restaurant - we thought we would give the restaurant a try on our first night after our drive down from London trying to forget previous experiences. So we arrived at the restaurant, the waiter took us to our table and handed us the menu, He then asked us what drinks would we like.
I aksed for a cider and my Wife asked for a lemonade; his response was a blank look. We tried to explain in other terms "apple juice with alcohol" and "lemon drink with fizzy water" along with other explanations, but these were returned by further blank looks. It appears that the total extent of the waiters English was "what drinks would you like" ! On the way out the restaurant manager stated that the waiter was a trainee. I could except a trainee waiter, but I am not a teacher in English as a second language. We therefore drove a mile and went to a local carvery.

Our sceond night was just as bad as the first and when we complained to the manager at our departure we just received a strug. A couple following us at reception had their own complaint, poor sleep in a Kings sized bed ; and they were hoping to stay 3 nights.

The WiFi in the bedrooms is just as bad as our first stay in 2006 / 7.

This hotel was a good hotel and has the potential to be a good hotel again, but it needs to spend some money on replacing its beds and training its team in customer service. But then again if it relies on one day stop-offs of non-returning coach customers things probably will not change.

We would not stay at this hotel again and our experience has put us off staying at any other hotel in their chain (that also includes internationally).

If you have to stay in this hotel and you book direct, ensure that you do so more than 21 days to get 25% discount otherwise the price is ridiculous. Or book via Expedia or the like.

Room Tip: If two people have to stay, go for a room with 2 beds (Queen sized).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Future Inn Plymouth.
I would first like to discuss your issues with the wifi. I believe there must be some confusion; you stated that the wifi was as bad as your stay in 2006/07, however we only had wifi installed 2 years ago. Whilst we feel we have a strong wireless connection, if you have any issues with it our front office would be happy to help during your stay.
I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered whilst in our restaurant. Your feedback regarding our trainee staff has been taken on board and our restaurant manager is implementing a procedure to prevent it happening again.
Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback, and we hope you are willing to try Future Inn again.