“Excellent value”

Future Inn Plymouth
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Fairly easy to find from the ferry. Excellent amount of private parking. Modern, clean and spacious - especially the room. Shower over bath rather than step-in, if that is an issue for you. Efficient, polite staff. very international, corporate atmosphere, but none the worse for that. Good, varied breakfast, though rather confusingly arranged - staff could have done more to guide customers as to where everything was, e.g. bizarrely, I didn't find the cereals section until after I'd had my cooked items. Overall price good for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any with step-in shower, if that is an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review.
We are grateful for your kind words regarding the quality of our rooms and helpful staff, this feedback will be passed on to our team.
Your comments regarding breakfast service will be looked in to by our restaurant manager, to improve the service we offer.
We hope you choose Future Inn for your next visit to Plymouth.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is very clean, comfortable and well run. The restaurant however is quite different. The food is fine but the service abysmal the staff appeared to be untrained, unhappy, confused and unsupervised. I felt sorry for the hotel reception staff having to constantly apologise for the restaurant. Someone needs to git a grip on the situation.
Fran

Room Tip: 4th floor has good views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear you found your room to be pleasant and the food nice.
However, I would like to apologise for the service you received whilst dining with us.
I have discussed your comments with our restaurant manager, as this is not the standard of service we pride ourselves on offering.
Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We recently visited this hotel for a short stay attending a local wedding.
After we found this hotel, the sat nav thought it was on the other side of the road?, on arrival all looked good.
Reception was OK, the room was fine with two double beds.
Then we went down for dinner.
What a shambles. Menu looked reasonable but service pretty poor. Long wait to take order, long wait to get food, staff looked unhappy.
When to food finally arrived, it resembled a fast service food establishment, over cooked, too much horrible potatoes, dry and very little veg and overall looked and tasted poor. No nicety or wanting to eat what was in-front of us.
Ghastly.
Breakfast the next morning about the same, a coach party had took most food and replenishment was poor. Not much variety, also cold coffee from a tired water flask.
Bye the way, bar drinks cost £28.00 for 5 adults, a rip??
The next morning breakfast was a little better but try and find a table that was cleaned and laid up. The coach party had left and most tables were dirty with no one clearing up.
As a hotel, there are only two main service offerings, the room which was ok and the restaurant which needed major sorting out. I feel you should take note and eat somewhere else.
In this day of customer care and service, this restaurant must be avoided.

Room Tip: Any building corner rooms or a suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review.
I am concerned to hear about your experiences whilst dining in our Fishbone restaurant.
I would like to apologise for these issues; we pride ourselves on offering excellent service and I am disappointed that on this occasion we have not met those standards.
Your feedback has been passed to our restaurant manager, who will look in to these shortcomings to ensure they do not happen again.
Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope you choose Future Inn Plymouth again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is immaculate, modern, with large rooms and great powerful shower. I enjoyed my stay.

However the food there is criminal. 45 min wait for a medium rare steak which was overdone. Corn fritters without corn. Awful service. Let down!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
Firstly, I would like to say how pleased we are to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and clean.
I am concerned to hear the issues you encountered whilst dining with us. I will discuss your comments with our restaurant manager to try to ensure this does not happen again.
I am very sorry for the problems you had whilst staying with us, and I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive about staying at the Future Inn, however all 4 staff I spoke to understood and were fluent in English and more importantly helpful. The room was spacious, with Dartmoor seen in the distance, even the aircon worked and was powerful enough to cool the room down very quickly. Wi-Fi was free with no need for a password. The rooms were well equipped with Coffee making facilities, plug sockets (at least 6 spare) , Large TV, and free bottle of water. The toilet behind the door in the bathroom wasn't a problem and the shower gave Hot powerful showers very quickly when turned on. Even though it was 9am on a weekend, everything at Breakfast was replenished quickly if it ran out and all was hot. The Food quality at breakfast was OK, not bad but not brilliant either.
The decor in my room(4th floor) felt modernish (or at least 1990's onwards) and would not look out of place in a modern European Hotel.
On the downside, the bed was a little on the soft springy side, although not enough to prevent a good night's sleep. The doors to the room when opening and shutting are a little loud, so other guests coming and going may keep you awake. But these are minor gripes. For the price and what you get, I would stay again.

Room Tip: North Facing rooms overlook dartmoor in the far distance. The main road is on the west side and can...

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are very grateful for the kind comments regarding our staff and the amenities in your room.
We pride ourselves on offering a comfortable stay for our guests, and I am pleased to read that we achieved that during your stay.
We hope you choose Future Inn for your next visit to Plymouth.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I felt I had to write and congratulate the management and staff for the well run hotel we are staying at. Booked for a week including breakfast (breakfast is brilliant, good variety of food, hot and cold) and have really enjoyed our stay. The only problem has been the restaurant service and quality of the cooking, but this problem was dealt with by Janet, the Food and Drinks service manager who was most apologetic and dealt with our complaint marvelously. Our room was well presented and very clean and we do thank the duty manager for the fridge we needed for my friends insuline. On the whole, if your looking for a clean, decent hotel...look no further..you wont be disappointed at all

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased to read that for the duration of your stay you found the hotel to be clean and the staff pleasant.
I am glad to hear that Janet resolved the issue you had whilst dining with us. I will pass on your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 days while he was working in the Plymouth area. It was a great hotel from upon check in until we left. The lobby area of the hotel is very big and spacious as well as the lifts. Our room was also very big with a two seat couch, large desk and drawer space. The bed was very comfortable and it also had air conditioning which is so important for me, we also had the option to open the windows if needed and it was quite throughout the morning and night with it open when trying to sleep. The room had bottled water for us and we got a new one each day. I left a note one day for a bit more decaf coffee and milk and they left us more then enough! The bathroom also had a lot of space and has the heated towel rack. Large wardrobe with plenty hangers, iron and ironing board. The whole room was also very clean and had so many outlets to charge our electronics (we have tons) this was nice to see. The TV is a smart TV which was cool to play with for a little while but nothing special. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant called Fishbone. Delish food as well, quick service and they were fine with splitting the check for business purposes with no problems. We did not think the food was expensive at all. We also had breakfast here and it was the best breakfast I've had from all the hotels we've stayed it. You pay £10.00 for buffett breakfast that included fried and scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, black pudding, mushrooms, fried bread, a range of fruit, yogurt and much more. The restaurant is even open for lunch. We didn't have lunch there. There is even a McDonald's walking distance (across the road) if you prefer that as well as a KFC and Pizza Hut down the street from there. Very convience. Though this hotel is not close to the Hoe or Barbican you can still take a cab if need be or drive yourself, it isn't far at all. this hotel has free parking so you can come and go as you like with no issues. We will come back and loved our stay here. Oh there is also a coke machine, snack mach and Ice machine on the first floor if needed. There is also a wash room for guest to use their washing machine if you need to wash your clothes and a small work out room.

Thank you for your recent review.
We are very pleased to read that you found every aspect of your stay matched your expectations.
We pride ourselves on offering an excellent service for a competitive price, and it is great to hear that you agree.
As a customer looking to return to us, we would recommend joining our Future Club Rewards scheme; it is free to join and you gain rewards just for staying with us. If you would like more information you can visit our website or ask one of our front of house team members.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.