“Fine for an overnight stopover”

Future Inn Plymouth
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A reasonable hotel, on a slightly more upmarket travel lodge or premier inn but not much more. Fairly bland and not exciting. The reception area was large and empty (except for a snow man in August!). A friendly welcome. The rooms were reasonable and clean but with little character. The beds were a bit too soft to be very comfortable. The remote control for the television didnt make it very easy to go to the channel you wanted. Very fast and free wifi a definite plus.

The business park around is still waiting to be built! Plenty of parking.

We didn't try the restaurant because of other reviews and instead went out to Royal William Dockyard for an excellent dinner and Costa for breakfast.

Good for an overnight stopover but not for a character hotel near things

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, and the points you have raised will be discussed with our head of departments to improve the service we offer in the future.
We hope you choose us for your next visit to Plymouth.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,164)

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel in Plymouth
Clean and comfy at affordable price
Staff are helpful
Location is away from city center which might be on the downside if you like to stay close to busy places. However you can drive or take the bus to city centre
Lots of free parking spaces.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased to hear you found the room to be clean and comfortable, and you were happy with our value for money.
We hope you choose Future Inn Plymouth again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We went for 3 nights. Myself, a power wheelchair user in my small adult sized chair, and my husband.

Quite a few accessible parking bays so that was good. Quick check in (no people waiting) aside from the list of things they go through about your needs should there be a fire or similar. My husband was asked 'would she need...' rather than asking me directly so a bit of training is needed.

The hotel appeared clean and modern and the corridors are extra large - you could pass 4 wheelchairs side by side if needed!

Things I liked: laundry room for guests to use themselves, airy layout and spacious lifts and corridors, colour scheme. The accessible bathroom had both a standing and sitting height sink and wet room. Quiet room, very powerful air con and great heated towel rail that warmed the whole bathroom.

Things I didn't like: considering my chair is narrower than an adult chair and shorter...

The layout for wheelchair access - huge rooms but the standard 2 double beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers meant I couldn't turn round in the space. The only space at the side of the bed to fit was reached by getting through a space the exact width of my chair. I had to tuck my arms in whilst my husband steered me through.

The beds are on a wood base that goes to the floor. They can't be moved to help open up the space (and you can't get a hoist under if you need one)

The beds, for our personal access requirements, were very high. I use a pressure mattress on top which made it too high to get in.

The bathroom has a toilet on the higher side for accessibility (but some people like me prefer a lower/normal height and you can always raise the height of a low one with equipment but there is nothing you can do to lower a high one). My feet were nearly a foot from the floor and I'm 5 feet tall.

The wet room doesn't drain so well and the tile grout bled brown dye.

A room service plate of sandwiches costs £10. I felt £3.50, of that, for the service charge, to bring it up to the room was a bit steep.

The room would have been great with two single beds (or one single and 1 double) giving us more room. Also a bed that was a bit lower ( like other major chains) would mean we could go back. However, we can't stay here again mostly because the beds were too high to transfer to for our preferences. Like the loo, you can raise a loo or bed with cheap equipment but you can do nothing with high ones.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for the feedback regarding our accessible rooms; we continually try to improve the service and product we offer, and this feedback will be passed to our senior management for their consideration.
Thank you once again for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights and found it to be clean, spacious with very friendly staff. Breakfast well catered for and has a few restaraunts and takeaways nearby if that takes your fancy.

Short drive from the town centre; will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank emldnhg
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Future Inn Plymouth.
I am grateful for the kind comments regarding the quality of the rooms, friendly staff and pleasant breakfast. I will pass this feedback to the relevant departments.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Reception good, room a good size. Shame about the housekeping!
Food OK, service generally good, not exceptional.
Bed a good size, slept well.
Staff, helpful and friendly except for getting the room serviced, this was missed!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review.
Whilst I am pleased to hear the food and staff were pleasant, I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you had in getting your room serviced.
I hope this does not impact on your decision to return and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the wedding venue. The room and bathroom were spacious, very clean and we had good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased to hear that you found your room pleasant and are our staff friendly. This feedback will be passed to our teams in the next team meeting.
We hope you enjoyed the wedding, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We must be due a free stay. Lol.....reception staff are always very pleasant and efficient. Rooms are larger than average and always spotless and the beds are sooooo big and comfy. We no longer look at other places to stay when we're in Plymouth,which is 3 or 4 times a year, as we cannot fault the hotel. Another very pleasant stay...as always. X

Room Tip: Go for a twin room as both beds are Canadian doubles and try and get a room at the front of the hote...