“lovely hotel”

Future Inn Plymouth
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 29 August 2014

been to plymouth on a number of occasions but never stopped here before, we only stopped for 1 night but was well impressed with this hotel and would certainly use them again....the future is bright :)

Room Tip: family rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased to read that as a first time visitor you found the hotel to be of a high standard.
We hope you choose Future Inn Plymouth again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,160)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

One of the most helpful reception teams I have experienced for a long time. Friendly and polite, Always get me a convenient bedroom and warn me if restaurant is busy - and signed me up for their loyalty scheme

Room Tip: all rooms the same
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review.
I am very grateful for the kind comments regarding our reception team. We are very proud of the polite and helpful staff, and this feedback will be passed on to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We always stay at the Future Inn when visiting Plymouth. Location is great for City, Moors or Cornwall, hotel always clean, staff always very attentive, polite and courteous. Well equipped, spacious rooms, en-suite with bath and shower and big full sized, soft bath towels!

Room Tip: As a personal preference, we always request a room over-looking and hotel car park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.
We are very grateful for the kind comments regarding the quality of our rooms and attentiveness of the staff. We pride ourselves on having an excellent team at Future Inn Plymouth, and it is great to read that you agree.
We hope you see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Haven't stayed in one before but must say how pleased I was visiting this one with my family bedrooms were really spacious everything was very clean and staff very helpful we didn't choose to eat here so couldn't comment on food but in a very good location to visit surrounding area

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay with us.
I am very pleased to read that you found your room to be comfortable and the staff helpful.
We hope you choose Future Inn for your next visit to Plymouth.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stay here frequently and this is my second review.
Since my last review of the Plymouth Future Inn there have been improvements in the WI-Fi and Internet connections in the rooms, and the TV's have been upgraded dramatically.
There are still instances where staffing levels can hardly cope; for example when a coach pulls up outside and disgorges 50 German tourists just as you're checking in. You would expect the management to have prepared for the arrival by getting everyone to help, but it strikes me that the same spartan pair on the reception desk are expected to just do their best to cope. Having said that I've never seen a member of staff lose their cool or be anything less than totally helpful and obliging.
The reason why I've omitted the fifth star in the overall rating is that the restaurant still struggles and remains the only disappointing aspect of the hotel. I accept that opinions on restaurants and the food they serve are inevitably subjective, but for me it necessitates getting in the car and driving into central Plymouth to find a decent restaurant. From time to time I 'dine-in' just to see if anything has changed, but I'm saddened by the fact that it continues to offer rather mediocre fare served by enthusiastic youngsters who seem to have been trained to 'process' diners through their meal rather than delight them. To highlight just one detail, I shudder when an adjacent table is 'sanitised' by spraying anti-bacterial fluid with great gusto by one of the waiting staff. They are clearly trained to do that whenever a table is vacated, but clearly without any consideration for the effect it might be having on me sat right next to the spray. Surely better to spray a little onto a cloth and then wipe down the table. I'm not being picky but they may have just sanitised my meal and my expensive glass of wine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stays with us.
It is great to read that as a returning guest you are still greeted with a friendly front of house team.
I am pleased to read that you have made the most of our free wifi and Smart TV, facilities we are very proud of.
Your feedback regarding our restaurant have been passed to our restaurant manager for their consideration. I would like to thank you for bringing your issues to our attention.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I requested a quiet room when I booked on the internet. I should have called to check but unfortunately I did not. The staff had no knowledge of this and said there was nothing they could do as the hotel was fully booked. I asked to speak to the manager who said the same. She did try to find an alternative room. It was their attitude that upset me. No apology or gesture of good will. I said I would not be returning to the hotel with my family (two small children) and they were not bothered. I think they are more interested in coach parties than independent travellers. Not what I expected. I gave this feedback to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sdp123345

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we could not accommodate your request, however due to the volume of guests staying in the hotel we cannot always grant guests' requests for rooms in certain areas of the hotel.
However, I would like to apologise for the way this information was given to you; we pride ourselves on having a polite and professional team, and I am sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to those standards.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay at future inn Plymouth...the room was mega spacious and the staff excellent. They were very helpful and worked very hard to please. I would definitely stay again and I would recommend to all...enjoy.:-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul R
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am very grateful for the kind comments regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on having a very professional and friendly team, and it is great to read that you agree. This feedback will be passed to the relevant team members.
We hope you choose Future Inn Plymouth again soon.