Jack Rabbit Vintage Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Plymouth
See available hotels
Ibis Plymouth(Plymouth)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgourmet carddelightful pubnearby travelodgecherry tomatoesfish finger sandwichcomplimentary breakfasttravel lodgesunday lunchpub restaurantvisiting family in plymouthtasteralevenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Enjoyed several meals at The Jack Rabbit. Cod and Chips was our latest choice and we were not disappointed. Small mix up with our starter, but think a language barrier got in the way.
The only thing that I can think of to moan about was the heat, the restaurant was very busy and was very very warm in there. Maybe investing in Air Con (or better quality) for busy sessions may be a good investment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We've had 2 meals here recently, the first a late Sunday lunch, which was extremely good value, even at full price (if you've got a Times+ card, you get 25% discount off food AND drink!). Portions were generous, roasts well cooked (the turkey was carved from a carcase,not processed turkey roll!) and there was loads of nicely cooked veg (not overcooked like in so many chain restaurants). The Chilean Merlot was also decent enough. We asked for the loud music to be turned down and the waiter was pleased to oblige.

The second meal was on a Friday night when the restaurant was very busy. Service was a touch on the slow side, particularly the initial wait for drinks, but the waitress was very pleasant and efficient and the food was worth waiting for - starters of prawn and scallops risotto were very tasty, if a touch on the small side, but fish pie and beef and merlot pie were both excellent. The beer was well-kept and the coffee with mini-pudding option at £4.50 great if you're full-up but want a taste of something sweet.

All in all, Vintage Inns seem to have got their act together and we've also had good experiences at the sister restaurant in Plymouth, The China House.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RacingPulse
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Had a nice beef pie and a good pint of real ale. Didn't have my 1st choice ale but made a good suggestion for a similar ale. Nice dessert & coffee. Was down in Plymouth for business and was handy for the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I’ve been to the Jack Rabbit several times for lunch, as I work a short distance away, but this was the first time I have been for a meal on a weekend with family.

I pre-booked a table online, for 5 of us to have dinner on a Sunday afternoon. When we got there I’m not entirely sure that our booking had made it to the desk, as there seemed to be a moment of confusion, but we were led to a table without too much delay. Our waitress was called Victoria and she was lovely, very efficient and friendly (we only normally give a tip if the service in a pub or restaurant is very good, and we did here). We all ordered off the main menu which has a lot of choice and the children’s menu has to be one of the best I’ve seen in a pub restaurant with some very different choices from the usual fish fingers/sausages/pizza (although sausages etc are still on there!) for example, they had a battered mushrooms with a garlic dip!.

After we ordered the food arrived in a very reasonable time. 3 of us had ordered the James Martin Beef and Merlot pie, and one had the Prawn and Chorizo Risotto. The food was delicious, and although I know its pub food, it is probably the best pub food I’ve had in a long time. The vegetables were not overcooked, the gourmet chips were lush and the pies were extremely tasty (with nice pieces of beef and not a lump of gristle in sight!). My son had sausage and mash and for a kids meal it was excellent with good quality sausages and tasty mash and veg, my son is a picky eater but he hoovered up most of his meal and was trying out all the sauces and dressings on the table and pinching our chips!

We all ordered dessert which again were a hit, I had the Rhubarb Crème Brulee which was so tasty I refused to let my husband have a taste, much to his disgust! The Ginger sponge also went down a storm, and it was nice to have the option of having crème fraiche, ice cream or custard with it.

We would definitely not hesitate to come back here again for a weekend meal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We went whilst staying at the travelodge next door. It was my daughters sixth birthday so we went for tea and not disappointed. The whole meal was fantastic, there were 6 of us eating and we all left happy! Recommendation would be the Brie starter. It was yummy! We had a waitress called Rosie who was incredibly helpful with my daughters cake eat but all staff were friendly and welcoming. Try Rosie's Baileys coffee with the Eton mess mini dessert. Scrummy!!! Make sure you book in advance!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family