Jurys Inn Plymouth
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
2,771 results
All reviewscar parkgala bingoshopping centredrakes circuscentral locationbuffet breakfastreception staffvery pleasant stayshort staystayed for one nightwould stay againexcellent value for moneycomfy bedbarbican areaparkingstaplesuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My sister and myself stayed from friday to sunday and the hotel was spotless, and the breakfast was great, 1 disappointing thing NO carpark, But would have no problems at staying there again.Very clean, helpfull staff, good food, and a good shower.

Room Tip: Twin room 608 a great room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Kitchen ran out of steak and polenta..

Ordered a burger with mushroom & cheese, after a 30 minute wait arrived without the cheese

Made coffe in my room this morning.. No milk

A queue in excess of ten customers waiting to check out

All in all not a great experience :(

Have to stay in Plymouth once a week... Not sure I have the confidence to stay with you again..

By contrast in Jury's Inn Exeter this evening.. a great experience so far..

Come on Jury's Inn we need consistency

Stayed: January 2013
Graham H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review and we really appreciate your comments regarding your experience at check out and in the restaurant. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your stay not meeting your expectations.

Clearly the level of service provided fell below the standard that I would expect the team here to provide. Your feedback has been passed on to the Restaurant Manager, Head Chef and Reception Manager and they are in the process of reviewing procedures in their departments to ensure that situations such as these do not arise again.

Should you have any further feedback please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely

Graham Hole

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We have stayed at the Jury's twice now. Once on a weekend without the kids and once with. This review is based on those two experiences.
Firstly, the really dissapointing thing is that the hotel doesn't have its own car park. Here it is shared with Mecca Bingo and Staples. On our first visit there was no problem but on the second there must have been a major league bingo game on so I had to sit in the car and wait for nearly 20 minutes until a space came up. This meant my OH and the kids had to go on without me which was shame. What we have discovered is that there is a ground floor parking bay which can be accessed via Bretonside bus station. It was easy for me to find as I know Plymouth quite well but this could be a bit hard for those that don't know the road networks.

The staff are generally ok but they aren't going to win any real service awards.

The rooms were pretty good. They are clean and tidy and quite generous in size. If you are street facing it is worth noting the traffic is quite pervasive (unless you are on the top floor!)

The family room was pleasantly good, with a double, a single and a put you up. With two daughters aged 8 and 13 it worked really well.

Now for us , breakfast can make or break your stay. Hate to say it, but on our first visit, the breakfast was a real comedy of errors. When we turned up, we noticed a lot of grumpy looking people and couldn't quite figure it out. It was only we went to help ourselves that we found out the problem. There were an awful lot of empty dishes. This meant that breakfast was eaten over three sittings because the freshly cooked food was coming out in dribs and drabs and therefore you couldn't have a "full" english because it wasn't all there. Sadly, it wasn't just the cooked that was suffering. A couple next to us had been waiting nearly 30 minutes for croissant. It was obvious there was a staff shortage as the ones who were on were rushing about. What it made it even more laughable were the number of managers running about trying to "solve" the issue when all they needed to do was get stuck in in the kitchen and help out.

Overall not a bad stay on both trips but don't expect too much, even considering this is a main player in the market.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing towards the Barbican as the road facing rooms are a tad loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed as family with young children 17 - 20th Jan 2013, for HMS Raleigh passing out parade.
Thought it was a little on the expensive side considering no car park and £5 /hr extra for internet or 310 per day.
Parking is by neatrby Gala Bingo at £10 for 24hrs (closes 11pm).
Breakfast was £8 each with no child discount. Although ok - buffet style, we only had one here and ate elsewhere after that.
Rooms clean & comfy, free ice/cold water machines- which we found useful, and staff friendly & helpful.
Would reccomend for adults, as great for shopping and nightlife.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed for 2 nights mid week on business. There was a problem when I wanted to check in, which partly was with the corporate booking system but the staff did not want to sort it out, just suggested I try to check in later - they did store my luggage for me.

The hotel was adequate but that's all. The room was small, ok for 1 person but would have been cramped with 2. The TV remote was filthy, covered in dust which was off putting. The bathroom was very damp smelling although visibly clean - well it seemed it but the light took a long time to get any kind of brightness!

Location wise it's ok but near a very busy roundabout and taxis have to pick up and drop off at the back door.

There were lots of issues with the buffet breakfast - only 1 toaster working (but that only did 1 side), leaking drinks machine and just general supply issues!

Pros -
Close to lots of restaurants
Good in room heating/aircon
Reasonable price

Cons -
Expensive internet
Bathroom smelled damp
Room could have been more thoroughly cleaned
Restricted food menu (especially non-meat options)
Breakfast was chaotic!
Reception staff generally poor

I would only stay here again if it was on a good offer and I wasn't intending to be in the room much!

Room Tip: No traffic noise on 8th floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Graham H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review and we really appreciate your comments regarding our rooms, check in process and breakfast. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your stay not meeting your expectations.

It is disappointing to hear your comments as we aim to provide exceptional service at all times. Your feedback has been passed on to the managers responsible for managing the relevant departments. They have been tasked with reviewing procedures in their departments to ensure that situations such as these do not arise again.

Should you have any further feedback please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely