Jurys Inn Plymouth
US$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
2,817 results
All reviewscar parkgala bingoshopping centredrakes circuscentral locationbuffet breakfastreception staffvery pleasant stayshort staystayed for one nightwould stay againexcellent value for moneycomfy bedbarbican areaparkingstaplesuniversity
Reviewed 8 September 2013

stayed for 2 nights. firstly our taxi had to let us off in the rain 100 yards down the street as he was not allowed to drop-off at hotel door. neither he nor we knew re going to the back car park (shud be made aware of booking) as we got soaked. there are no irons or ironing boards in rooms and when we ordered one it did not work. good quite rooms and comfy bed. Breakfast was fit for a king. Really great variety of everything and lots of it buffet style. Staff helpful. would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Helen D, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Michelle

So sorry you got soaked in the plymouth rain! Unfortuantely the road in front of the hotel is actually a bus lane so for legal and safety reasons guests are dropped off and collected from our courtyard at the rear of the property. Thank you for bringing it to my attention that your taxi driver was unaware of this. I will be circulating this very important information through out the taxi firms in Plymouth. So glad you enjoyed your breakfast, I have passed on your comments to our breakfast chefs who are delighted. I have also ordered a check on all our irons.
Please do let me know when you are next due to be with us and I will ensure there is a fully functioning iron and board in your room on arrival.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Whilst this hotel is a little tired and needs some work on it there is a lot going for it. The location is great as it is in the centre of town and only a few minutes walk from the harbour. For parents dropping off kids at Uni it is a great stop over hotel. The rooms are fine and the beds comfortable after what will probably be a long drive getting there for most. Breakfasts are so-so but ok if you pay in advance at reception @ £8 a head. Just be aware of the parking situation and plan accordingly. There is no hotel parking as such although there is an adjacent pay and display car park and another overspill car park at the back. You can buy a parking ticket for £7 that will last from 5pm to 11am the next day at reception. If you dont do this then its basically £1 an hour to park. Also the hotel is next to a Gala Bingo so if driving here then plan to get here either before 6:30pm or after 10pm (the overnight car park is locked up after 11pm) as it gets busy on bingo nights!. So just a little planning but other than that one of the best hotels in Plymouth to locate yourself.

Room Tip: When checking in at reception ask if you can have a room with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review that includes such comprehensive parking information. You are quite right when you say we are convenient for the university and indeed many of our guests are family visiting students. You are also correct when you describe us as "one of the best hotels in Plymouth to locate yourself".

Please do feel free to contact me when you are next in the hotel

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and myself stayed at Jury's as we were off for an evening aboard the Plymouth Princess around the harbour. Jury's is in a good location for the city and harbour with an underground car park which you will find cheaper if you pay for in the hotel reception rather than at the machine. Staff were friendly and helpful and good bar snacks are served in the evening. It's the sort of hotel that could get noisy judging by some of the guests we saw, but we had a decent night's sleep in a clean room. Would stay again overnight.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Michelle

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. I am delighted you found the staff to be friendly and the bar food to be of a high standard. We take care to ensure that our bar does not get rowdy and thus can be enjoyed by all of our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

A good value stay in a convenient location. Although no parking at hotel, parking was available only 100 metres away. Rooms were basic but comfortable. Aircon worked and bed was comfortable. Reception was spacious and staff efficient. Good bar service. Overall great value for £65 a night. Only disappointment was a charge for wifi which was free when I stayed a few weeks ago.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rob

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Really pleased you found our competative pricing rewarding!! I have passed on your comments to the reception manager who is pleased you found check in and out to be efficient.
Please do contact me when you return, I have noted your comments about the WiFi.

helen_dymoke-marr@hotmail.co.uk

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Having lived in Plymouth until 2004, I regularly visit my home city though this is the first time I have stayed at the Jurys.
Excellent location just two minutes walk from the main bus/coach station and a five minute taxi journey from the railway station. Five minutes walk from Royal Parade and virtually right opposite the recently built new shopping centre.

Our room was on the 8th floor and with the window shut even overlooking Exeter Street, no discernible noise. With air conditioning, no need for the window open but if like me you like some fresh air even then the noise was far less than most hotels in city centres.

Décor was clean and crisp, bathroom well equipped and again clean. As with all Jurys a very comfortable bed but of course this is down to preference but it is clear they are good quality beds and mattresses. We took advantage of the £2 discount and booked breakfast the night before and for the money it was good value compared with any major chain.
Reception was good and the bar area pleasant even though bar prices are higher than most public houses, it does keep the rowdy element out and therefore provides a much better environment for a quiet drink.

All in all a very good stay and without doubt we would stay again and are likely to over the next month.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms at the rear of the hotel are likely to be the quietest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alf

Thanks indeed for your great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and indeed are planning to return. I have passed on your comments to all the staff who are pleased to have their hard work recognised in this way.

If I can be of any help in your future bookings, please do contact me directly at