“Peaceful, take-me-as-you-find-me B&B in gorgeous Devon countryside”
Review of Gabber Farm

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gabber Farm
Ranked #54 of 80 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Peaceful, take-me-as-you-find-me B&B in gorgeous Devon countryside”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We arrived to find the front door open and a note from the owner saying "Gone out for the evening. Come on in; you're in room 5", which we found delightful. Our room was sunny by day and at night gave a view of the gloriously dark sky. The country silence meant that we were able to have the windows open all night, which was divine.

Everything was scrupulously clean, if rather cramped: we both brained ourselves on the fittings above the sink and in addition I nearly knocked myself out on the bracket supporting the TV, directly above the tea tray. The bed and the duvet were both narrower than usual (best suited to two small people), which meant that I spent the second night in the spare single bed, which the owner very kindly made up for us - and where I slept very well.

Breakfast was delicious, taken in the comfortable family living room, with local eggs, plenty of cafetiere coffee, and that rare treat, bread cut from an unsliced loaf.

We would be very happy to stay at Gabber Farm again - though perhaps in a larger room!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Skylark42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Just returned from a three night stay at Gabber Farm. The proprietor was friendly, helpful and welcoming; my room was comfortable, clean and pleasant; breakfast was hearty and delicious (lots of choice too!). It was quiet and very relaxing. I will certainly stay there again – a delightful farm B&B.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jasper B
nottingham
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I found warm welcome from hosts. En-suite double room (single occupant) very comfortable clean, good hospitality tray well stocked with tea coffee horlicks etc. biscuits.
Had difficulty finding it at first but landlady had printed directions from and to A38, Plymouth and all surrounding beaches etc.
Breakfast was very good exc. choices. I notice in one review about unflexability of breakfast I did not find this so, cooked break. from 8 till 9 everything else was available till later and as this is a working farm, I thought this was fine I also found my host very friendly she works very hard both on the B&B and the farm.

Room Tip: I thought my room was very good It was at the back . It also looked over where the milking sheds wer...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank splodgealotr
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Our room was lovely and clean, spotless ensuite shower room, friendly and helpful owner who can't do enough to make your stay comfortable. Also, the best cooked breakfast we've ever had. Short drive to coast paths and pubs. Plymouth an easy drive away. We'll definately be back and wouldn't hesitate to tell our friends about this lovely B&B.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank smuggums88
UK
Reviewed 18 July 2010

On a working farm and close to nature, breakfast to please even the most discerning. Not five star luxury, but clean and friendly and very convenient for Plymouth area, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Beaches, Wembury surfing and local walks. Country roads need care, but this is not the city. My second year staying for nearly 3 weeks and pleased again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank lecturemusic
West Midlands
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Gabber farm, difficult to find with the latter part of the journey being on single track lanes. The room was well furnished, clean with modern ensuite facilities. But the downside was unfriendliness of the host, and the unflexibility of the time of breakfast. This can be used as a good base to visit Plymouth and the surrounding areas, and Wembury beach is a nice little hideaway. Ideally you would use this B&B just as an overnight stop not as a week long holiday as we did. Parking at times was difficult.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jjmerose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant
#8 of 21 in Plymouth
The Smithaleigh Hotel
The Smithaleigh Hotel
#3 of 3 in Plympton

Been to Gabber Farm? Share your experiences!