Gabber Farm
ibis
US$98
US$87
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travelodge
    US$188
    TripAdvisor
    Great 4.5/5
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at Gabber farm recently found on night. I rang and booked very last minute after seeing a vacancy online. The farm is located about 20mins from Plymouth in a small village called Down Thomas. It is a working dairy farm run by Margaret who is wonderful. I stayed in a single room with no ensuite which was no problem as the bathroom and toilet are only shared between two rooms and I think I got it to myself anyway. The room was small and simple but what more do you really need? The house was as I expect most English farmhouses to be. A little outdated, very comfortable and creaky. Breakfast was a massive full English, cereals fruit yoghurt tea coffee juice etc. There are walking directions available for sights nearby. Check out wembury church if you can!!! for value for money, you can't go wrong. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Dinner at mussell inn in the village is really good. They also do takeaway dinner.
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank kristalauren
    Reviewed 27 April 2014

Gabber Farm is conveniently close to Plymouth and its marinas. I needed somewhere to stay overnight when I was preparing a boat in Plymouth Yacht Haven, and could not conceivably have done better. The rooms have everything you could need. En suite shower room was well appointed, very clean, and with a strong electric shower. Really good tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast just as good as other reviewers say, with home made stewed fruit an anything else that you could possibly want. I shall certainly return if I need to overnight nearby again. Overall, fantastic value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank ECandMC
    Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just as below had commented, I would recommend and would stay again and the breakfast is the best I have ever had period. Margaret was extremely hospitable and very communicative, I felt like I was at home.

Give it a try!!

Room Tip: Go for en suite but if booking non ensuie, the communal toilet and shower/bath is reserved only for room 3 and 6.
    Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
    Reviewed 27 October 2013

A working farm with good B and B facilities. Margaret did all she could to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The rooms are clean and comfortable with tv, tea and coffee making facilities. I have to agree with other reviews here breakfast at Gabber Farm is the best we have had anywhere, plentiful and tasty! Probably the best meal we had during our stay in Plymouth!!! If you are looking for a rural farm location would definitely recommend and certainly stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: If you want an en-suite room state when booking.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at Gabber Farm after getting off ferry at 8 pm. The rain was torrential but we found our way without difficulty to the farm. There was a note to say that our host had gone out and to make our way to our rooms. The rooms are clean and comfortable if a little dated, and we all had ensuite showers. The breakfast was fabulous, the best I have had for a long time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends