“Cheap, friendly, tasty.”

Veggie Perrin's
Ranked #76 of 722 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Very authentic Indian restaurant. Gujarati style cuisine, 100% Vegetarian, 80% Vegan. We are a family run restaurant since August 1995. Authenticity maintained by chef Neeru.
“Cheap, friendly, tasty.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There are still gaping holes in the provision of vegetarian food in Plymouth but Veggie Perrin's has the affordable hearty Indian (Gujurati) vegetarian Market sewn up. It is almost unbelievably cheap. It makes no concession to the smart posy dining set being set in an unassuming 60s down at heel shop unit but the food is faultless. Booze is cheap too. Others have described why they like the food. I agree with all of that. Try it for yourselves. Can be quiet (eg out of term time) or raucous. Very good take away too.

5 Thank Knackersknowle

“Great veggie food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I called and made a booking the staff were polite and efficient. parking is easy- on the road at parking meters, but not expensive, think it was £2.00 for the evening, so vert reasonable. The menu is varied and I could have had loads off it (so a good excuse to go a few more times. I opted for the veggie Byriani, which was delicious, very spicy, with loads of finely chopped veggies, I was thinking of having a lentil dish, so think i will have that next time. For dessert I choose Mango Sorbet; wonderful and soft, with no ice crystals. very reasonable prices. I am definitely going to return a few more times

• Visited July 2014
8 Thank Jo W
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Loads of choice for curry-loving vegetarians”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a birthday treat for me from my wife. We have been meaning to try this place for ages and are very glad we now have. Lots of choice and a lot of dishes with which I was not familiar. Luckily the waiter was happy to explain them to me. Both our meals were very nice, and my mushroom rice and the stuffed bread were highlights for me. We ate early evening on a Friday so fairly quiet. The service was prompt and courteous. The interior is perhaps basic, but that was not problem for me. And the value for money was really good. I will be going again soon!

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank Mark W
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a great find for vegetarian curry lovers! I had a meal on a Thursday when the menu offers a fixed (reasonably) priced thali. I enjoyed every part of the meal although it was quite carbohydrate-rich. The service was prompt and friendly.

6 Thank Beth A
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect takeaways for outdoor summer suppers.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have loved this unassuming little family business for decades. We come in maybe once a month for a tasty cheap supper but now in the early summer balmy evenings we have discovered how well the varied samosas and several of the main dishes lend themselves to an outdoor supper with some beers or mellow wines. Always reliable. We got a boxful last night. Always collect. I don't think they deliver.

5 Thank Neville j