“Problem at Chloe's”

Price range: US$13 - US$57
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Superb little family run bistro/restaurant ideal for lunch, or dinner. Close to the Plymouth Theatre Royal, Pavilions and Reel Cinema and situated in the heart of the business district close the Civic Centre and just across from main Royal Parade bus stops. Extensive menu including light bites such as vegetable, French Onion and Fish Soup, Omelettes, Croque Monsieur and Fish and Chips as well as the traditional French dishes of, Beef Bourguignon, Cassoulet, Escargot and Creme Brule. Its a venue suitable for everyone at anytime and easy on the pocket too. The attention to detail and customer care and service is second to none and its been running quietly on its "word of mouth" reputation since 2005. There is even a piano on site which is played, subject to bookings, from 7.30pm each evening.
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“Problem at Chloe's”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Tonight I took my family out to what I hoped would be a special time at Chloe's.We went to a wine tasting and special menu tasting taking with us a non drinking driver.We had we thought arranged a deal for the driver that did not include alcohol but did include soft drinks.The deal was agreed by phone with the proviso any problem Chloe's would phone back. At the end of the meal we were charged extra for the soft drinks and then looked down on when we said this was not the agreement. This destroyed the effect of what had been up to then a great meal.I would have hoped any resteraunt promoting a wine tasting and meal would also be organising a package for the named driver.
The end result was that we were all disappointed , There were a number of booked but reserved empty tables maybe a little more contact with your patrons would help. Overall great food,an interesting wine tasting but not good service . It was certainly expensive for this area.

2 Thank Jenny R

“Great Meal”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a great meal here on saturday evening. 10/10 from us. Nice staff, reasonably priced wine and food, and excellent quality. Loved the live piano music for atmosphere

Visited July 2014
devon
“Handy for the theatre”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As we ordered from the theatre menu the choice was limited, but the service was good and we were fed in plenty of time without feeling rushed. I would return to this restaurant if I was looking for a restaurant near the theatre.

However I didn't experience the French ambience that others have mentioned, perhaps it was too early in the evening?

London, United Kingdom
“Only Just Average”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked a table for four for a Monday evening. Three of us had Scallops on a bed of mashed potato, all sloppy and the Scallops overcooked so they were tough. One had the Chorizo Starter, not too bad I was given to understand. Main courses were all fish, mine was a pot of fish in a leek sauce the others had the fillets of fish again on a bed of mash. We had two bottles of wine and as we were the only ones in the restaurant when the second bottle was still half full I was asked if I would like the cap put back on so that I could take it away. We were literally being asked to leave so that they could probably go home early, next the bill was put down on the table as another hint to leave. It was described as a 'Fine Dining' Restaurant but that was far from our experience. We will definitely not be going back.

2 Thank Abogail
Plymouth
“Awesome”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This has got to be one of the best places I have eaten in a very very long time. The food tastes and looks Michelin star quality. I have live in Plymouth all my life have walked past this place numerous time. If there has to be a negative then I would have liked to of seen a lunchtime menu. But all the same this place was a real find. Yum yum yum.