“Nice room - friendly welcome”
Review of Casa Mia

Casa Mia
Casa Mia
Ranked #33 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very nice room...great location as right next to the citadel and hoe and only 10 mins to the centre... iffy phone signal (due to thick walls)... free wi-fi... comfy bed. Not at all bad :) I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Casa Mia

Reviewed 21 January 2014

have spent four weekends at Casa Mia.Very good value for money and very pleasent and friendly staff.Excellent breakfast and very clean and tidy rooms.Just a short walk to the Hoe and all shopping oulets.Would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

A warm and friendly place close to the Barbican and the Hoe. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Wonderful, welcoming staff and breakfast was absolutely delicious more than enough. The bacon and sausage were some of the best I have ever tasted! I would definitely stay here again when visiting Plymouth.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Spent two nights at the Casa Mia over the Bank holiday weekend. On arrival we were informed that we would have to change rooms after the first night so we in fact stayed in two rooms. I preferred the room at the top of the house that overlooked the Park. The second room was on the ground floor and whilst also perfectly acceptable ask for the former as long as you don't have mobility problens. Location is great for the Hoe and the Barbican which were lovely on the sunny days we were there. Breakfast very nice and owners were polite and helpful. Sound bet for one or two nights if in Plymouth.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for three weeks in total and it perfect. I was working on a trial at the Crown Court (a mere 5 minute walk from the B&B) and as is always the case in my work, the trial went from three weeks to four, down to two weeks and back up to three. The owners were flexible beyond the call of duty regarding this and went out of their way to fit in with my sometimes ridiculous check out and check in times over the weekends.

Rooms were lovely (I stayed in 3 of them throughout the course of 3 weeks!) - comfortable, spotlessly clean with everything you need. Ironing board and iron available for those of us unfortunate enough to be working.

The breakfast was more than enough, juice, coffee, grapefruit, yoghurt plus the option of a hot breakfast on top! They were very understanding about the fact that no girl can eat a fry up every day for the best part of a month and accommodated my requests for variations on the theme of a fry up, eggs on toast/beans on toast/eggs and bacon etc.

The staff were lovely, stored my suits over the weekend when I returned London and generally tried to help in any which way they could. I honestly couldn't fault the place

Room Tip: Room 3 is great for value (small single room but with en suite still and just as comfortable) and ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alice H
Reviewed 9 August 2013

There are definitely better B&B's in Plymouth to stay in and I will not come back to The Casa Mia. The landlady is quite rude and I got the feeling that she thought we weren't good enough to be staying in her house - sorry love but we are paying your bills so a smile wouldn't go a miss! The breakfast was bearable but nothing special - I would rather have gone to the local Wetherspoons and got a real fry up for a fiver as this place is just tight with their portions! The bacon was undercooked, the eggs overcooked - just not good. The next morning I didn't bother with breakfast as it wasn't worth getting up early for. I was then rudely awoken by a cleaner letting herself into my room at 8am! I was leaving that day so surely they could have waited until I departed at 11am! One of my biggest hates is establishments where the cleaners just freely enter your room without warning....what if I had been walking out of the shower. Or even worse, what if I hadn't been there and they got their hands on my stuff! When I left the landlady said something under her breath to me but I just wanted to get out of there so didn't bother confronting her. Rude and over-priced - do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank KMRS88
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've stayed at Casa Mia both under the previous and current owners.

Service is good, breakfast great, the rooms clean and functional. The proprietors are helpful way beyond the call of duty and very knowledgeable of the local area.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for - in this case excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business