“Very popular with local Chinese people”
Review of Oriental Tea Room - CLOSED

Oriental Tea Room
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I think the title says it all, if the Chinese people like it, you know they are doing something right.
It's quite basic surroundings, but very clean & comfy with the kitchen in full view. I don't think it's licenced, we just had Chinese tea with our meal, and it's very good with families of all ages.
There's a typical UK based Chinese menu & a bit more exotic Cantonese menu.
We had 2 main courses between us, both beautifully spiced & well cooked, a huge pot of tea & it was less than £9 each. I've paid more for inferior takeaway meals!
I definitely recommend it, large bowls full of good food & nice staff.
As the previous review says, it is tacked on to a supermarket so it's not the most salubrious of surroundings, but treat yourself to good value, freshly cooked food!

4  Thank Smokefree27

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Open daily from 11 am until I think 8.30 pm right beside the large K W Bros Oriental Supermarket on the left as you approach the brow of the hill from Stonehouse Bridge roundabout up Durnford St just before the corner of the Royal Marine barracks. Interesting venture which we have only briefly tried. Friendly staff. Recognisable menu. We will go back again soon for a full meal and maybe get some photos.

6  Thank Jannerbloke