“Ok fish and chips”

The Great British Fish and Chip Shop
Ranked #6 of 40 Quick Bites in Torquay
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Visited here a few times staff always polite and 5he food is ok for a harbour side chippy,I would recommend you give them a try

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Best cod and chips I've had in a while. Great staff and perfect consistency for the cod and overall flavour. The only reason I've dropped 1 point is because the mini fish and chips which were £2.40 less than the standard size weren't actually that much smaller and I felt a little ripped off for the price paid for the standard portion - which feels harsh as it was cheaper than my local charges for inferior chips. Lovely overall tho and I whole heartedly recommend eating here

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I called in with my parents during a day trip to Torquay. We all had the OAP special which was mini cod and chips, mushy peas, a slice of bread and butter and mug of tea or coffee. It was a good size portion, served really got to the table and really tasty. The staff were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank kathp320
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic chips, crisp, tasty, not greasy. Definitely going back over the spring/summer months . Never had a bad takeaway from here since they have taken over from previous owners.

1  Thank nmitc
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly food was pleasant... unfortunately the pleasantness ended their! Firstly my brother enquired about a meal deal to a male member of staff behind the counter... he replied with ‘you’ll have to ask her because I’m busy!’ Referring to the lady serving another guest at the till... secondly, I had to return the tea because there was a stone in it and finally after the meal the till lady came to clear our plates and I said in conversation ‘it’s nice and busy isn’t it’... her reply was ‘I know, I hate it!’... service with a smile, I think not! I would return only for the quality of the food and given the staff would have it to take away!