“VEGETARIAN FOOD”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have been staying at the Kistor Hotel for many years and have visited at various times of the year including Christmas. I am writing now as I have just read the review which more or less advised vegetarians not too visit as the Hotel did not cater for vegetarians. I could not really believe the review as there is always a vegetarian choice on the evening menu along with a salad. I personally am not vegetarian but have visited with various relatives in the past and one of them is. She always found something that she was able to eat on the menu. Last summer we had five children from 5 to 12 with us. The staff made us very welcome and were very patient and helpful with them at meal times. As children do they all had food they did and did not like but this was never a problem. Theo who drew the short straw and was our waiter for the week could not have been more patient and helpful. He was their hero!

Peter and Eileen and the rest of the staff never let us down.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret M
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you so much for this review. We look forward to your return very soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

What a great place for a holiday.Feel fortunate 2 have stayed in this great hotel.Highly recomended and look forward to going back.Owner Mark is furtunate 2 have Peter superbly running the hotel with Eileen great assistance

• Stayed: February 2012
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Praise indeed. Thank you. Both Eileen & I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel from March 12th to March 16th.
The hotel was very clean and the staff polite. The waitor was very efficient and provided a good service too. (The beds were a little hard but that may justt be me being picky!)
The shower is a little too close to the wall and i flooded the bathroom once but that is my only fault! Good entertainment especially bingo done in peters fashion 'ish' and fantastic food Plenty of it too!!
My grandfather is a wheel chair user and peter made sure everything was alright for him.
Highly recommended hotel only a stone throw from the beach and around 10 minutes walk from the town, A good hotel good staff brilliant value for money
Many Many thanks to all of the staff who did everything to make it a pleasurable stay at the kistor! (we stayed in room 43)

Room Tip: if you want a seaview ask for rooms looking toward the north (pleasant views)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased that you highlighted our four key attractions for the Kistor!
S.E.L.F. we aim to provide service that is fast but at the same time easy going and helpful. we have entertainment every night, provided by top local artistes. Our location is one of the best in the bay. On the level and close to great amenities but far enough away from the noise of a busy town. Yes, our food is good and plentiful. I eat here most nights and i confess to being fussy, I think it's great too. This is not a plug but a true depiction of our great hotel.
See you again soon..

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Again thanks to all the staff, Eilleen , Jasmine and all the staff how maked us so welcome. We have already booked next year for our reunion with all our friends. Lovely entertaiment in the evening, they really do their best to keep you smiling. Our room was clean and warm and nothing was to much to feel us comfy....... The food was excellent , service fast an helpfull. What a lovely place to spend a holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank danceaway
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable time here for your annual meeting of like minded friends.
here's to next year, Salute!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

comfortable hotel, good entertainment but if you are a vegetarian forget it as they simply
dont't cater for them. I had just a mushroom omlette and nothing else for the main meal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carol t
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

I am so annoyed with this review, as it is just not true. There is a vegetarian option every night on the menu and as you pointed there is the option of omelettes and salads too.
The vegetarian options are as follows Monday to Thursday... Leak & Potato Bake with Stilton Cheese, Mushroom Provencale, Spinach & Pasta Bake & Stuffed Peppers.we try very hard to accommodate our guests with all dietary requests including Gluten Free, diabetics and vegetarians. The vegetarian option is clearly printed on each day's menu. This type of review is unhelpful and untrue.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just returned from a lovely weekend in Torquay staying at the Kistor. Peter was an excellent host; really entertaining and extremely funny!
Lovely room; warm throughout the hotel and plenty of hot water.
The staff were obliging and friendly.
The meals were excellent with plenty of choice and variety.
The entertainment was great and Bingo was fun.
Wi-fi access too; what a bonus!
Many thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary P
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

You're most welcome. It is always our pleasure to provide guests with as good a holiday as we can. See you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I spent 4 days at the Kistor (coach trip) to celebrate my 68th birthday 10th Feb
my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay, entertainment was brill, (I even got to do some line dancing that I havn't done for 11yrs but am looking to restart classes) food, staff, management, fellow travellers all great, admit hotel could do with a makeover, but at the end of the day it was clean, the only problem we had was with the shower, I twice flooded the floor as the shower head had 2 lge pinholes in the top so the water sprayed out of them also it was too close to the wall, the water bounced off the tap connection, once the heating and hot water went off due to boiler problems I believe, but Peter put on a sherry reception though I didn't attend, overall we had a fantastic w/end and would go there again, hopefully next time we may get a room with a sea view!! The 2 Sandras Newport (Gibbons coaches trip) By the way Room 43

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank sandra c
bingoace, General Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for the great review. The shower has been attended to thanks and hopefully you'll be lucky enough to get a sea view room on your next tour. I look forward to another fantyastic week end with you then!