“Great staff, food & entertainment make up for shabby decor”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the Kistor last month on a Torquay Travel coach holiday.Was pleased to be allocated a double room as being single I get used to tiny poky 'cupboards', also had double seaview. Although the carpet was extremely threadbare and one chair was fit for the tip I had everything I needed to keep me happy in the room. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in and the bathroom was clean and fresh other than a bath that needs replacing. There were a couple of problems which were sorted as soon as they could. My radiator was on with no controls for me to turn off so I had a couple of hot nights until a mechanic turned it off with pliers. There was also a problem with a boiler a couple of days in, which meant several of us had only cold water for 24 hours but that also was addressed successfully.
The staff were excellent so friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough for us. Food was good and so plentiful that I had to cut down what I ate to be able to move comfortably!
My biggest negative is that I had chosen this hotel as it advertised a heated indoor swimming pool but I was gutted to discover that it was closed so my new costume did not get an outing.
On a minor point the free wifi was very limited so you had to be almost on top of the box to use it and I had to keep moving away from my group in the entertainments area to the bar if I wanted to use it.
On the subject of entertainment it was brilliant and I enjoyed each of the ones I saw.

Room Tip: I was in room 55 which was a good large double.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SheilaBikerChick49

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our stay didn't go to plan as my husband was hospitalised on our first night and although this wasn't what we had hoped for, the staff couldn't have been more helpful in every aspect. I was between the hospital during the day and the hotel at night. The food at the hotel was excellent. Well cooked, well presented and at a time where I'd normally lose my appetite, I always finished my meals. My room was comfortable and they even accommodated my grandson who had come down to be with me. All in all, given the circumstances, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Thank you from the Towner

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife & I had a brilliant week end at the Kistor, although it needs updating (Which starts in the next few days) the Staff are so friendly and helpful in fact I do not think the word 'No' is in their vocabulary the food was basic but of good quality and good size portions, entertainment was first class, all in all highly recommendable, many thanks for making our stay most enjoyable, We hope to come again next year

Room Tip: We had a Sea view room
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 9 May 2014

First Trip with Friends, hotel does need makeover, but that is being addressed. Staff were excellent and very attentive. Good location and great time alround with good company.
Food was pretty good overall and bar prices were reasonable.
Would certainly look to go again next year.

3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A group of us have been going to the Kistor for 5 years now for a cheap'n'cheerful weekend break at this time of year. Hitherto the hotel has been a bit 'tired', but the food has been OK, the staff very friendly, but it was CHEAP
Recently under new ownership, renovations are underway, the food has improved, the evening entertainments are better and the new staff are just as friendly. Waiting at table is very efficient.
They are hoping to become a 3* or even 4* establishment.
We have already provisionally booked to go again in 2015 and look forward to even more changes, but conscious of the fact that it cannot possibly be as cheap as before.

Room Tip: Difficult to say as we have always had the same room, but certainly the Staff are verr accommodating...
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have just returned from the Kistor, this was our third annual stay. Once again we were made very welcome. Great hospitality great meals great nightly entertainment. The long awaited refurbishment is making progress. Thanks to all the staff keep up the good work, see you next year.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just back from the kistor hotel. Went by coach trip with geevee travel. Location is fantastic. On arrival greeted by staff, cases taken to our rooms. Rooms in need of refurbishment but this is a project they are doing now under new ownership.friendliness and efficiency of the restraurant
Was excellent.meals not much variety but nice what we had served. Overall pleasant stay we will go again hopefully .

Room Tip: We had room 31 small but seaview and bowling green
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple