“Good in the end”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #76 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 30 August 2009

After complaining about the Inglewood Hotel and getting moved we had a great time. It was mainly pensioners staying which didn't matter to us. The swimming and jacuzzi were great and nearly always empty. The family room we were put in had 2 bedrooms which suited us because of the ages in our party. The food was excellent and plenty of it. Staff very helpful and the entertainment was ok.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kistor

Reviewed 23 August 2009

I stayed at the neighbouring Bute Court Hotel and only visited the Kistor because the evening entertainment was better. In all my born days I have never tasted anything so disgusting maskarading as beer/lager. On the first occasion I gave the place the benefit of the doubt, change of a barrel of Tetleys. I sampled the lager the second night. It was warm, flat, equally foul tasting and obviously watered down. On my return for the final night, no option but to bring my own vodka to mix with J20. Nb, I observed one of the bar staff drinking at the establishment next door.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank NurtonC
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2010

I read this review with dismay. as we make every effort to make both residents and non residents happy at all times. This reviewer was staying at another hotel and only saw and experienced part of what we have to offer, I am pleased that he recognised our entertainment is of a high standard and that it can be enjoyed by all. However, it is unfortunate that this customer did not make a complaint to a manager at the time of purchase. We would have been pleased to refund the money if he was not happy.
May I add that with regards to the suggestion that our beer / lager is watered down; that this practice is impossible as these products are served from a sealed and pressurized container.
It is unfair to mark us down for value as we sell lager and bitter for £1.90 a pint and spirits
£2.00 a double during our happy hours.

Reviewed 10 August 2009

When I visited Torquay and stayed at the Kistor Hotel in 2007 and 2009 it felt like being at home. I love staying there because of the friendly, attentive and relaxing envirement. You can be yourself and the staff and personel go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. In my case they always succeed. For example, when I arrived this year I had a bad case of food allergy so I wasn't always able to eat what was on the menu. They all made sure I didn't miss out anything and fixed something I could eat for dinner and dessert.
In short, I will not dream of staying at another hotel whenever I visit Torquay.

IcdejongHolland

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2009

staff were all really freindley, food was loveley would definintley go back again loveley sea view bedrooms ideal for family within 5 minute walk of the beach! swimming pool is good quality and a jacquzi that is more like a hot tub a great stay thank you

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank matthewblackman321
Reviewed 3 August 2009

In 1969 I stayed with my parents for the first time at the Kistor Hotel and we became regular guests.
In 1989 my husband and I have spent our honeymoon at the Kistor Hotel and now my husband and I also have become regular guests.
Why ?? just because we feel very much at home, the surroundings are perfect, the room we always have is spacious and overlooking the bay, the food is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful. As soon as we arrive at the Kistor Hotel after the long journey from Holland we always say: We are home again!.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank squirrelsHolland
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Just returned from a holiday in Torquay and I've got to say I agree with the comments made by other guests at this hotel. Definitely Faulty Towers personified

Rooms are appauling, dated and dirty. I felt dirty the whole of my holiday after sleeping in those beds. Wardrobes falling down and not fit to hang your clothes in.

Bathroom very shabby and dirty. Hotel was very dated and not at all what I was expecting from the brochure.

Food was average, very plain and basic. Manager seems very money orientated and spends very little time worrying about customer satisfaction

Only good thing that can be said is the location. But you would be better staying at the premier inn next door.

Take my advise and just dont go - you'll regret it

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank monk691
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

I felt a little upset by this review as I try to speak to all the guests during meal times just to ensure that any problems can be aired directly to me regarding any aspect of their stay. If any problems are expressed we chat about them after the meal to hopefully sort them out.
As regards to the rooms, we started redecorating the bedrooms at the tail end of August and we should have made a considerable number finished ready for the 2010 season.
We encourage constructive critiscisms from our guests and try our hardest to make good any short falls in expectation. However, I am a little suspicious when complaints are made but only when guests have left the hotel. We are anxious at all times to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I make this remark only to encourage any future guest
to relay direct, any problems they may encounter whilst at the hotel and not when they have left.

Reviewed 26 July 2009

working near to torquay, and a chance to meet a friend who lives in torquay, so stayed for three nights. staff friendly, manager very helpful, food was normal hotel fayre, and i got a decent sleep- all in all a pleasant stay that didnt break the bank!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business