“Ashtons Reunion at Kistor Hotel Fantastic 3 Full Coaches”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 2 February 2010

We stayed at the Kistor Hotel we had a fantastic time . The Food was really good and the entertainment was excellent . the Hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly
and helpful in many ways.
We have stayed at the Kistor for the past 3 or 4 years and have always enjoyed everything. Eileen the manager is always on hand for any queries and the staff are a credit to the Hotel.
Our verdict from Ashtons was really good as we enjoyed everything from Party night when nothing was too much for them to do and they looked after us brilliantly.
kistor Hotel we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2010

Reviewed 30 January 2010

We have just arrived home after spending another brilliant 5 days at the Kistor.The entertainment was first class ,the food superb and Peter and his staff made us very welcome .This year we st.ayed in room 40 ,lovely sea views ,4 poster bed ,lovely and clean.We manage to holiday once a month all over the country and this hotel is by far our favourite

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Great hotel,even on arrival finding that the lift didn't go to our room a staff menber immediately came & took our suitcases upstairs. The location of the hotel was great just a short walk in to town on the flat so even my father at 81 could manage it. Swimming pool & jacuzzi area was spotless & almost deserted making for a pleasant & relaxing swim. Food was very plentiful & service was with a smile & fast.
Lots of non residents came in for the entertainment & happy hour in the evening so the bar area was busy but we never waited more than a few minutes to be served. The bingo calling had to be heard it was hilarious. We hate bingo but went down every night just to hear the manger call it.
On leaving we just went to reception & asked & our suitcases were brought down straight away. Good relaxing trip.
The Pye family

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 30 August 2009

After complaining about the Inglewood Hotel and getting moved we had a great time. It was mainly pensioners staying which didn't matter to us. The swimming and jacuzzi were great and nearly always empty. The family room we were put in had 2 bedrooms which suited us because of the ages in our party. The food was excellent and plenty of it. Staff very helpful and the entertainment was ok.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I stayed at the neighbouring Bute Court Hotel and only visited the Kistor because the evening entertainment was better. In all my born days I have never tasted anything so disgusting maskarading as beer/lager. On the first occasion I gave the place the benefit of the doubt, change of a barrel of Tetleys. I sampled the lager the second night. It was warm, flat, equally foul tasting and obviously watered down. On my return for the final night, no option but to bring my own vodka to mix with J20. Nb, I observed one of the bar staff drinking at the establishment next door.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank NurtonC
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2010

I read this review with dismay. as we make every effort to make both residents and non residents happy at all times. This reviewer was staying at another hotel and only saw and experienced part of what we have to offer, I am pleased that he recognised our entertainment is of a high standard and that it can be enjoyed by all. However, it is unfortunate that this customer did not make a complaint to a manager at the time of purchase. We would have been pleased to refund the money if he was not happy.
May I add that with regards to the suggestion that our beer / lager is watered down; that this practice is impossible as these products are served from a sealed and pressurized container.
It is unfair to mark us down for value as we sell lager and bitter for £1.90 a pint and spirits
£2.00 a double during our happy hours.

Reviewed 10 August 2009

When I visited Torquay and stayed at the Kistor Hotel in 2007 and 2009 it felt like being at home. I love staying there because of the friendly, attentive and relaxing envirement. You can be yourself and the staff and personel go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. In my case they always succeed. For example, when I arrived this year I had a bad case of food allergy so I wasn't always able to eat what was on the menu. They all made sure I didn't miss out anything and fixed something I could eat for dinner and dessert.
In short, I will not dream of staying at another hotel whenever I visit Torquay.

IcdejongHolland

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2009

staff were all really freindley, food was loveley would definintley go back again loveley sea view bedrooms ideal for family within 5 minute walk of the beach! swimming pool is good quality and a jacquzi that is more like a hot tub a great stay thank you

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family