“Never stay at this RUDE staffed hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Torbay Hotel

Bay Torbay Hotel
Ranked #28 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
London
“Never stay at this RUDE staffed hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Dear Readers,
I have booked this hotel for 22/02/2014 on Booking.com.
I had no problem with this booking. When we turned up there was no Parking - no way of unloading my bags.
The manager was very unhelpful and rude because I asked about parking! it sounded like I killed his mother!
Anyway, long story short I managed to park the car and got my keys gone to check the room. The room didn't have any bath which I have requested on the booking.
Went down stairs asked him that there should be a special request about bath in the room. He argued with me that there is no request on the booking. I had to force him to check the booking which he checked and came back saying ' ohh I have one room left' he did not apologised for the arguing with me and that is I am right.

Hotel is shabby, run down and dirty floors. Lifts is out of order.
Please consider other hotels rather than this one.

Travellodge is better than this one.

Regards

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank AlanNatalie
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I am sorry you felt your experience was not as you had hoped. If you had actually stayed at least for one night in the hotel I am sure that your opinion would have been different and you would have had an enjoyable stay like so many others do. It is most unusual to have a posting of this nature as you can see by the many other great reviews detailing their experiences at the Torbay and especially the friendliness of our staff. We have countless guests who stay here and have a wonderful time as you can see. To clarify one point, we do actually have a car park, although it is not on site, it is a short distance away and is secure and again our guests find it most useful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 3 night break from start to finish we couldn't fault it. great choices of food always hot.the staff work extremely hard .entertainment was good Saturday night singer was excellent,so all in all fantastic value for money. will we do it again .already booked :-))

2 Thank sheiladeeCheshire
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your holiday with us at the Torbay and I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and that you enjoyed it so much that you have already booked to come back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
st helens, england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This being our first trip with shearing I was apprehensive, but had nothing to worry about.
The hotel is clean and comfortable our room was front facing which had been refurbished recently had a view of the fountain and marina. Evening entertainment was good music and dancing. The food was good and varied each day
The restaurant staff were friendly and
professional in fact all the staff made you feel welcome. The shops are within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel I'd say is central to most amenities.
We thoughly enjoyed our stay at the Torbay hotel and will return again later on in year or early next year.
We would like to thank the staff for a wonderful relaxing short break.

2 Thank june40
Hello June40. Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you had a wonderful weekend at the Torbay. Thank you for all your lovely comments regarding your stay and the staff. Its always good to hear that guests enjoyed their holiday that they plan to return, so we look forward to your next visit.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Visited in January on Shearings weekend break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Great location ,excellent service and food in the restaurant
Comfortable, clean room recently refurbished with well appointed bathroom
Very pleasant lounge areas with ample relaxing settees etc
All staff very helpful and friendly
Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Hi David T, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us and I am glad that you found everything to your liking and its especially nice to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful. we look forward to seeing you again in the near future
Kent, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Just come back from our first trip with shearings and stay at this hotel. Had a wonderful time, food and staff were excellent hotel very clean, we had one of the older rooms which was a bit tired but as said clean, our friends had one of the rooms which had recently been renovated and it was great, they are in the middle of renovation so still someway to go, but works did not interfere, would recommend Shearings and Hotel to anyone and we are looking forward to returning.

2 Thank David J
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you David J for your review of your holiday here at the Torbay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that as a first timer holidaying with us, that you found everything to your satisfaction. We do refurbish each year and I hope that on your return that you find that we have improved the hotel even more to your liking.
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just returned from a 5 day break with Shearings Holidays, this is our second visit to this Hotel, and we could not fault any aspects relating to accommodation, food, or reception staff.
We were given room 300, with three large windows, room was spotless. The dining room staff were all friendly, however a special mention must go to our waitress "Michelle" who served us on our last visit, was excellent. She is a credit to you. Also special mention to Head Waiter "Robert" who also does help on Reception, he is also a credit to you. And last but not least "Hayley" on reception, on arrival we got stuck in the lift, and my mother who is 82 had a panick attack, and Hayley was brilliant, calmed her down. We have visited numerous Shearings Hotels around the Country. but personally I feel that your Hotel is the flag Ship, well done. Cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Our room was on the corner, however, we did not have any trouble sleeping, as the entertainment was...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmajane770
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hi Emmajane 770 and thank you for posting a review of your holiday at the Torbay. I am glad that your second stay here was faultless and I will pass on your comments of praise to Robert, Michelle and Hayley who will be pleased to know that they looked after you so well, despite the unfortunate lift incident. Its good to know that we have looked after you so well and we hope a third visit here will not be too far away.
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have just returned from a four nights break with Shearings at this hotel. The accommodation was lovely with a view over the marina from our room, the room was expertly cleaned each day and the rest of the Hotel was lovely and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. I have a wheat intolerance which I didn't have when booking the holiday but that was no problem. I spoke to the restaurant manager and he very kindly gave me a special menu each morning. The meals were very good and wheat and gluten free. I was sure I would encounter a food problems whilst on holiday and was pleasantly surprised how easily it was dealt with. Thank you so much for a truly trouble free holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol A
Hi Carol A and thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at the Torbay. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and that there was so much to your liking. I am glad also that we were able to satisfy your dietary needs and that our staff were able to assist you in having a wonderful break. We look forward to seeing you stay here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
Bay Tor Park Hotel
BEST WESTERN Livermead Cliff Hotel
Bay Esplanade Hotel
Bay Esplanade Hotel
#9 of 17 in Paignton

Been to Bay Torbay Hotel? Share your experiences!