“torbay hotel from rob.”

Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“torbay hotel from rob.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and i stayed weekend 6th. june 2014, great location, staff very freindly and helpfull, food was very good with very efficient service, rooms are comfortable but need refubishing, drinks a bit expensive. Saturday was spoiled when early in the morning I cut and scratched my foot on a sharp end of a spring, which was protruding out of the edge of the mattress, had to be moved to another room as no staff were available to change the mattress. Also I had to fill out accident form after the evening dinner, room was a little better but not much, - all so inconvenient! Would we go back to the torbay hotel?, --- yes, i hope so, - but watch out for those mattress springs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rf_smith1
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review and I am sorry you experienced an issue with your mattress. I hope that you it is healed up. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to move rooms and will look into the events of the day so as to ensure that this does not recur. I am pleased that you found the staff service and food to your satisfaction and look forward to seeing you return once again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The bedroom was quite drab, definately in need of a face lift. I do realise this is a big and very expensive job in today's economic climate. The room was very clean, bed comfortable and towels etc changed daily. The staff were very helpful and pleaant. The breakfast was ok the evening meals were a bit hit and miss although I am a coeliac and they did take good care of me and ensured I had a choice of meals. My companios though were not impressed with the evening meals. We were at the back of the hotel so outlook not good but it was quiet some people in the rooms at the front complained of noise at night over the week-end.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret H
Thank you for posting a review and I am glad that we catered for your dietary needs while you were here. We do have an annual refurbishment programme and we are getting there as quickly as is possible, although its pleasing to note that your accommodation was clean and comfortable. We usually get very good comments for our food so am surprised that your friends were not so happy.
surrey
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only booked a couple of nights here as it was on the way home from Newquay;
i travelled with my husband and dad.from the time we checked in to the time we checked out we had a great time our room was lovely and the view from our window was of the marina my dads room was also great and had a view of the marina.All the staff are excellent and nothing was to much trouble.The hotel is in a great location.The only let down we found was the cafe only one person working there the couple of times we did try to get anything we were told that we would have to wait about 10 -15 mins as she was making sandwiches and meals we only wanted a coffee.we will be back but for longer next time

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kazzieSurrey
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your short stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Torbay. We are in a perfect location and its nice that you enjoyed such great views. It is always good to hear that the staff were attentive and helpful, it is always good to hear praise for them. Sorry that you waited too long at the café, it can get busy when you least expect it, sometimes.I am also glad to read that you will be coming back again top stay with us in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for a night in April 2014. It was very good value for money. Room was very dated but I understand that there are superior rooms and they are possibly renovating room by room.
There is a swimming pool, we did use it.
Breakfast was ok.
Can't be any more central.
Overall, it was fine, as the old saying goes, you get what you paid for. All staff were kind, no rudeness.
Free car park about 5 minutes walk away - which is great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hblock21
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your short stay with us. I do believe that we offer great value for money and am pleased that you appreciate that. hopefully you can stay a bit longer in the future and enjoy all that we have to offer. Thank you also, for your praise of the staff.
Kent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from our second stay at this hotel and it was just as good as the first, The staff in all areas we helpful, polite and kind. The hotel was clean and good entertainment. The food was excellent. We paid a bit more for a front facing room which was well decorated and clean, although a bit noisy at times, but then we like to sleep with the window open so it was our choice. The Restaurants, Shopping, and Beach are very close and an excellent bus service for visits to other villages and attractions can be caught nearby. Would recommend this hotel, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quieter, only one lift, which is very slow. No children activities at hotel, but a lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi David j, Thank you for posting a review and I am pleased that it was another good one for you. It is always good to hear the staff praised, as they do work hard and appreciate it when they are being recognised. We look forward to you revisiting once again in the near future.
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just returned from a weekend at the Torbay Hotel, We were a group of 24, most with mental health issues, all the were staff courteous, enthusiastic and very accommodating.
The rooms were clean and comfy. The food was good, with special dietary needs accommodated for without fuss.
An extra shout out to the house keeper who went above and beyond for us Thank you 

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SuefromStroud
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi SuefromStroud and thank you for your review of your weekend stay with us. I am glad that you and your group had a good weekend and I shall pass on to the housekeeper your kind comments. Its good that you enjoyed the food bedrooms and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Have a great summer and hopefully we will see you again
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Torbay Hotel. It was an ideal location, handy for buses shops and harbour/beach.
The staff were all well turned out and were very polite. Service was good everyone just wanted to please. Our waitress Michelle gave excellent sevice a credit to your hotel.
The food was always fresh hot and plentiful, the manager of the resturant was always on hand . Well done to you all. We must not forget the chefs and kitchen staff who did and are doing a brilliant job.
Yes it is noisy on the front but we new that so not a problem i put cotton wool in my ears to reduce that. The view is lovely in the front rooms and would always want that.
On the down side we feel the entertainment needs improvement, all a bit dated.Better dance music to match the age of the holiday makers.
I hope when i return again that the missing tiles on the bottom of the swimming pool have been replaced as this is a danger ,i caught my foot on them it could have been a serious injury.
Thank you for a lovely holiday we look forward to retuning again

Room Tip: I would always go for the view. But its a very personal thing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan C
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Suenorm and thank you for posting a review of the Torbay and your holiday with us. I am glad that you had a great time and enjoyed our location, food and especially the service that you received form the staff. I shall pass on your praise to Michelle, I know she will be glad to hear that she looked after you while you were here. I shall look into the pool tile repairs and look forward to seeing you again in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
Bay Tor Park Hotel
#12 of 87 in Torquay
Grosvenor Hotel Torquay
Grosvenor Hotel Torquay
#21 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Bay Torbay Hotel? Share your experiences!