“great hotel”
Review of Coombe Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torquay
Coombe Court Hotel
Ranked #82 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to this hotel at the end of June. This was our first visit and certainly won't be our last. From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome, we we're asked if we would like a cup of tea, this I thought was very nice after a long journey. Julie and Bill were most accommodating and very friendly. The hotel was very clean and the rooms are nicely furnished everything looked clean and fresh. The food was good home cooking, nicely presented and plenty of choice. We had a lovely holiday. Thank you Julie and Bill hope to see you next year.
Jayne and Brian Hull

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Holbeach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have just spent a week at this Hotel and cannot rate it highly enough. The meals were delicious with more than generous portions. Our room was clean and comfortable with a sea view. Julie and Bill were lovely people and we felt as though we were staying with friends. We have already booked our holiday for next year, we cannot say more than that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Raymond O
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I've just returned home today from a very lovely 3 night stay at coombe court hotel, Julie and Bill made me feel extremely welcome, food was very delicious. Room 15 very comfortable and clean ( spotless in fact). They made it feel like a home away from home. WILL BE RETURNING and recommending this hotel to all. I would personally like to thank Julie and Bill for a fantastic holiday

Laura brantingham
P.s Julie add me on Facebook x

Room Tip: Room 15 if you would like a twin room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simon B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

in June I decided to go to Torquay for a weekend on my own and after touring around to see where to stay I spotted Coombe Court.
the owners were as lovely and welcoming as the place looks from the outside and the room was clean and comfortable. In the morning I decided not to have the Full English having seen the amount of food that was other peoples plates and not normally eating breakfast I knew I couldn't do it justice. My breakfast was just as filling even though it was half the size.
Julie and Bill made me feel very welcome and at home, which was especially lovely as I was on my own - they have a wealth of knowledge about the area's history and where to go for fun and food.
I have since been down again with my parents who also loved the place and Julie and Bill. they had an evening meal 3 out of 4 nights and have vowed to return next year for more pampering.
Julie also gave them flowers and a card for their wedding anniversary which was a lovely touch.
This is a welcoming, homely slice of excellent guest house with the warmth of 2 lovely people and a belly full of good food
WE'LL BE BACK !!!

Room Tip: room 17 is for those who don't do stairs very well
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kath s
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Julie and Bill are the best. My husband and I have just spent 15 days with friends at this superb hotel. Home cooked food including fresh vegetables( not available in all hostelries) and huge portions, clean and comfortable bedrooms and the comfiest sofas to relax in at any time in the lounge and conservatory. Nothing is too much trouble for Julie and Bill. You feel like one of the family as soon as you walk through the door. The hotel is in an ideal spot for walking on the Downs or getting a bus. Free parking- a real bonus. Will we return? Already booked for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned from spending a week being thoroughly spoilt in one of the most comfortable and relaxing hotels we have stayed in for a long time. The food was freshly cooked, good choice and plenty of it, breakfast and evening meals. The rooms are beautifully decorated , clean and bright and a decent size. Bill and Julie were excellent hosts making us feel comfortable and nothing was too much trouble. Bill's garden is a wonder in itself , full of colour and a pleasure just to sit and admire it. The hotel is also ideally situated for visiting areas all around whether by bus or car and we were only a few steps away from Babbacombe bay promenade.
Altogether a great place to go and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda C
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On arrival, though early, we were greeted with a much needed coffee and biscuits. Within minutes we were shown to our very clean room which had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. Julie and Bill have proved to be everything that you expect and more for a fantastic holiday, with nothing being too much trouble and food freshly cooked to everyones taste (and lots of it too). Although Bill was heavily involved in the organisation of the Babbacombe Festival, he still found time to make conversation with all of the guests and maintain the beautiful garden. Already booked for another week in September and a week next June. Well done Julie, Bill and family from Carole and Dave (Kev) for a great holiday and we cannot wait to be back with you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple