“best breakfast”
Review of Ascot House Hotel

Ascot House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a superb hotel and extremely good value. Bernard and Terry are very welcoming and make you feel at home. The rooms are clean and comfortable with lots of delightful touches, I love the decor. We have stayed there twice and would highly recommend it. The breakfast is the best I have ever had in a Hotel,we often visit to Torquay for a short break as we have friends and family there and the Ascot would always be are hotel of choice. Helen & Paul

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2012

we found this hotel beautiful, terry was very friendly, the only things i would say negative about this place is the shower isnt the best it runs from the bath taps and gets hot then cold and also i found the towels a bit on the small side, i would go again but i would take a large towel with me but in all it was a very plesent stay

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We arrived late on a Friday, and were warmly greeted and shown our large room(s) which appeared extremely clean, tidy and well presented. It was the Gothic suite, while I'm not sure how goths would rate the theme'd room, I appreciated the style of the few pieces of furniture chosen to represent the theme and décor touches that made the difference.
Our double bed mattress was a little uncomfortable the next morning. Maybe I am particularly fussy when it comes to mattresses due to having a partial disability caused by a car accident damaging my back years ago. My 9 year old boy loved having the sofa bed to himself!
The breakfast table and meal was to die for! Fantastic range of morning food, everything you can think of; cereals, fruit, juices, croissants, tea, coffee and the full monty cooked breakfast.
Thank you for the lovely stay, you definitely left a positive image of your hotel in my mind.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We spent one night at the Ascot house hotel and it was fantastic!! We had the luxury suite which was gorgeous, it was so homely. Very clean and the service fantastic. Breakfast amazing!! nothing too much trouble. All the little touches including the plate of fruit at breakfast, fresh milk in the fridge and extra tea and coffee just outside of our room, made this stay amazing. Fantastic value for money. Have reccommended to all our friends and would i stay there again....you betcha!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at ascot house for 2 nights and were very impressed. My son (7) and I stayed in the top suite which was immaculate and I could not fault it in any way. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast fantastic (especially the fruit platter) we visit family in Torquay regularly and will definitely be using ascot house again in the future!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Sarahpilcher
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Second time at this hotel. Lots to praise, at the top of my list is the marvellously restful and welcoming atmosphere. Extremely clean, really great breakfast. Unobtrusive yet attentive hotel-keeping of a very high standard.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have just returned from two nights at the ascot and I have to say I was very impressed. Location fab and central could walk everywhere which I like however didn't get the chance with the British weather failing us again. The house was big and love the different standard variety of rooms.
I'm in agreement with the other people on this site that the the host's were indeed very hospitable and friendly and never felt you would be asking too much of them.
Breakfast was varied and modern with a fab fruit selection upon arrival every day, really set us up for both days.
We will definately be returning in April and bringing family with us too.
Thanks Terri and Bernard!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011