“Great little hotel”
Review of Ascot House Hotel

Ascot House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed here at the end of May. We stayed in the small room at the top (room 10). This room was lovely and cosey even though the bathroom was just down a couple of steps this didnt bother us, it was all lovely and clean. Teri greeted us when we arrived and was so kind and helpful. The breakfast was great! The fruit to go with the breakfast was a lovely little touch. All in all it's a great hotel, highly recommended! We will defo stay again! :)

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte C

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We got more that we were expecting when staying at the Ascot House Hotel. It was amazing value for money. They were very accommodating about us bringing a dog (we decided not to in the end). The owner was super helpful and breakfast was amazing. Wow. We would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentHkc
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Ascot House Hotel for 2 nights, and will deffinately return in the near future. We were greeted by Terri who was an excellent host. The room was lovely and so tastefully decorated, comfy bed and clean. The breakfast was excellent and great service, care and attention are given at all times. Thank you Terri and co for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AngYoyo
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Had an overnight stay in Torquay for work, and found this hotel after reading teh reviews on here. Well, they are all true below!
Nice personal welcome from Terri the owner, and shown up to the room and a brief but informative chat about all the available facilities etc.
Room was lovely. Very nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. The bed was fab! Felt like memory foam bed and pillows were perfect - I had a great night's sleep.
Breakfast was served in a lovely bright room - and was cooked to order. It was lovely, and certainly didn't taste like cheap ingredients.
It's worth booking direct, on their website you can specifically book the room you want. I had the suite up on the top floor - not a massive window, but certainly big enough to afford wonderful views over the bay.
I don't go to Torquay much - but if I do again, this will definately be my first choice of place to stay.

Room Tip: Suite on Top Floor is well worth the small extra price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NHarvey
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just spent 3 very comfortable nights at Ascot House Hotel. The Ascot has been tastefully furnished to a really high standard and spotlessly clean.

We have already booked another 4 nights in June, so would definitely recommend the Ascot House Hotel.

Thank you again for a lovely time.

Room Tip: The top suite has an excellent sea and costal view.
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed at Ascot last weekend for 3 nights. Terri very friendly and kind.

Our Room Number 9 is a average size room, king size bed with small shower, but is fine for us. Next time I would prefer stay at Number 6 or 8. If you are a big size I would suggest you stay another room due the shower room a little tight, but on the website already mentioned so up to you to decide.

Location good, only 10 minutes walk to seafront and the hotel very clean and organize.

Breakfast is nice and a lot of choices, the fruit platter is a very good ideas, little lovely touch.

Terri very kind to let me have a look another rooms before her guests arrive. All rooms looks nice and the suite looks very lovely, no doubt some guests would like treat themselves.

Overall I would like to stay at Ascot House Hotel for my next visit Torquay.

Room Tip: Number 6 or Number 8
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We arrived early on the Saturday of bank holiday and Terri was very accommodating and welcoming. We parked very easily, but I guess it could get a bit tight when busy.
We took the 10 min walk downhill onto the seafront and returned to a beautiful room which was a good size, despite it claiming to be on the small size. Everything was so clean. The corner shower room was small but plenty big enough for us. I loved the fact that fresh milk is provided in the little fridge on the landing - I usually have to go out and get my own because I cant stand the UHT stuff. Free and reliable WI-FI another bonus - I've spent £100s a night in other hotels and still had to pay fro WI-FI.
As for breakfast - delicious! Fresh fruit, cereals, breads and pastries and that is on top of the cooked breakfast which was 100% to my taste and the best I've had in a long time.
I've stayed in lots of Torquay hotels before on business, but if I ever got the choice I would stay here every time.